Respected Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

@Alter Ego. Some woman was killed on a ship excursion zip line in Costa Rica a year or so ago.  Someone else was seriously injured.

!!Oh dear, I know this person who was seriously injured. It is such a sad story. 

Honored Contributor

I am just too chicken to even consider it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Embarassed

Respected Contributor

As we were driving the car into the canyon I was crying .. don't think i would make

it  !!!

Respected Contributor

I should say into the canyon area ...!!!

Trusted Contributor

I did a zip line several years ago in Jamaica.  I think it was 10 different platforms with varying lenths thru the jungle.  I pretty much was the loudest one screaming as I zipped thru the canopies.  It was intimidating at first but ended up having a lot of fun. Would I do it again--probably not---but at least I have checked zip lining off my bucket list !!!

Honored Contributor

No thanks, I’ll stick to the mule ride down the Bright Angel Trail.  That is way more than enough adventure for me.

Honored Contributor

@CoffeeNutwrote:

I did a zip line several years ago in Jamaica.  I think it was 10 different platforms with varying lenths thru the jungle.  I pretty much was the loudest one screaming as I zipped thru the canopies.  It was intimidating at first but ended up having a lot of fun. Would I do it again--probably not---but at least I have checked zip lining off my bucket list !!!

We have a similar zip line at our little zoo, nothing like what you experienced but the same concept, short lines from 1 platform to another.    I should start small

Frequent Contributor

We went zip lining on Maui few years ago and we’re in our sixties.It was absolutely amazing. It was scary at first but by the end we were sad it was over. The harnesses that are used make a difference. Ours had a built in seat instead of just straps which can be very uncomfortable. It was one the best experiences we’ve ever had on vacation

Honored Contributor

@softwarewrote:

@CoffeeNutwrote:

We have a similar zip line at our little zoo, nothing like what you experienced but the same concept, short lines from 1 platform to another.    I should start small

@softwarewrote:

@CoffeeNutwrote:

I've noticed that many of the mountain ski areas have installed zip lines.  They're a source of income summers and winters when the snowfall is not great.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Carmiewrote:

No thanks, I’ll stick to the mule ride down the Bright Angel Trail.  That is way more than enough adventure for me.

@Carmie. I think that trip would be very scary.  I don't believe I could put that much trust in a mule.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment