Honored Contributor

Booked flights for my daughter and I to go to Maui in November.  Its a family trip - all decided last night!  LOL  My sister and her husband have a timeshare there so they will stay there and my brother will join them.  My DD and I will rent a place nearby.

Looking forward to it.  I've never been to Hawaii!

Respected Contributor

I’m jealous!  One of our favorite trips was an NCL Cruise around and to four of the islands.  So beautiful!

Trusted Contributor

Hubs and I are going summer 2023.  We wanted to go next summer but want to wait until the worst of covid is over.  This will be my 4th time there and hub's 2nd time.  We are staying in a time share on Maui also.

Honored Contributor

Oh, you'll have a blast.  I have been to Hawaii many times and Maui is my #1 favorite Island.  There is so much to do.  I hope you'll have time to relax.

We were there in November one time.  It was interesting to see everyone getting ready for an Hawaiian Christmas.  It's a great time to visit.

I am so jealous.

Trusted Contributor

I'm jealous too.

Wish I lived there @SurferWife   Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Favorite island!! Happy for you. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Going to Hawaii!

[ Edited ]

A good friend of mine got her second Moderna three weeks ago. Two weeks ago she was on a plane to visit her son on Kauai.  Haven't talked to her, don't know whether she had to test or quarantine or not ( but wouldn't be insurmountable since her son has a home there).  She's back in CA and had a grand time!  I'm a little envious since we had to cancel two weeks in Maui September 2020.

Honored Contributor

I live on O'ahu.  I'm almost embarrassed to admit that we've lived here for 12 years & I've never been to Maui, but I have been to the Big Island, though.  Tourism is definitely picking back up.  Waikiki is beginning to look crowded again.

I hope y'all all have fun when you come here!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

@JudyL  ...  one word ...  PARADISE !!   But I must admit I prefer Honolulu ...  LOVE the beach and the activity of that city !!  We stayed down by zoo and it was a perfect mix with some fabulous restaurants ...  enjoy every minute !!

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife 

Just curious...would you ever want to come back to the mainland? 

I've a friend in Mililani and she moved back to NJ, then VA with the man she was dating.  They broke up and she moved back to Hawaii.  She's been there most of her adult life and her boys are there.  I know she will never leave!

I'd love to visit, but HATE to fly, so....when they build the bridge Cat LOL