Esteemed Contributor

Re: Going to DisneyWorld on Sunday!!

[ Edited ]

I took Son and Grands to Disneyland first weekend in August.  It was so hot, so crowded and a two day trip (plus driving and hotels) cost $3000.  It was high season but not worth it to me.  Next Summer we may take kids on a week long West Coast cruise  tour (LA, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Ensenada and San Diego) which would be $1500 for the four of us.  We were shocked (and pleasantly surprised).

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

DH & I are going to Disneyworld. This is the first time in about 25 years that it will be just the 2 of us. We are staying on property so we will not need to rent a car. Since we've been there a lot we will be able to take our time. We know what interests us & we can avoid the rest.DH's employer gave him a VIP cut the line pass, so waiting on long lines won't be an issue.

We are looking forward to some vacation fun & some "us" time.

We're big Disney fans.  Got married at WDW and we're DVC Members.  A lot of changes going on at WDW in anticipation for WDW 50th anniversary in 2021.  Most of the construction is in Epcot at the moment.  There's also a lot of road construction as you get closer to WDW, be careful, can get crazy.  We'll be there over NYE this year.  Have a Disney day and a magical trip!

Honored Contributor

Have a great time! Smiley Happy

I went to Disney World for the first time in about 25 years this past April.  DH stayed home but I went to visit with my brother mom in south Florida.  We've decided that each time we visit her we want to do a bit of sight seeing (one year it was the beaches on the west coast, another visiting friends in the Keys and last year Disney for a few days).  We had such a great time (the weather was perfect!) . We plan on doing it again this year.  This time around I'm hoping that my adult kids can come too!

Even if you only feel the need to use Disney transportation, there are other ways to get around quickly.  We used an Uber last year when Epoct was closing & everyone was leaving the park at the same time...took us 5 minutes to get an Uber and it was inexpensive.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ 

Have a great time!  Just spent 3 days there with my son & DIL -- we had a blast!  We went to Mickeys Halloween it was so much fun and more fun to see adult & kids dressed in costumes!

Enjoy!!!

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ  I hope that you have a fun trip!   I have never been myself, so have fun for me too.   Give us an update when you return.

Honored Contributor

If you have not been in 25 years, a lot has changed! I think you need to get fast passes; they may work better than VIP passes for places that are most popular and have the longest lines. I found it wasn’t as much fun without kids....but when we went without the, we did get to spend more time at Epcot, which the kids and grands weren’t into at all. Make sure you get wristbands. They will save you tons of time.I hope you love it!