Respected Contributor

Anyone ever travel with Globus tours?  If so, did you purchase your airfare separately or through Globus?  If through Globus, where you able to requests your seat preference?  Any issues with the travel?  TIA

Respected Contributor

I haven’t personally used Globus but I was recently talking to a friend and they just booked a two week Globus tour through their local AAA travel agent.  So their agent booked their tour through Globus but booked their airlines separately for them.  They are going in the fall so I have no reports on how the Globus tour went. 

Trusted Contributor

@Travone

I have used Globus.  It was several years ago and our travel agent at the time took care of the air.  Whether she got it through Globus or not I don't remember.  If you go through the tour companies for airfare it may be cheaper but you don't always get the best flights (worse flight times, more layovers, etc.).  Again, this was quite a few years ago and that may be different now but that's how it was then.  The tour itself was fine.  I mostly traveled with Insight.  I would suggest that you look for the places that you want to visit and then make sure whichever tour/tour company you choose has it on their itinerary.  Also, make sure that they will actually stop at those places and not just drive by them. HTH

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I've taken numerous Globus tours. (went to Ireland last month)

I've found often times when they book the airfare, it is not non-stop,  I always research flights before I book.  They book the flight I want.  Usually I have to pay $25 for a transportation voucher.  It is well worth it.

I always choose seats ahead of time and usually a few weeks before the trip upgrade to economy plus.

Respected Contributor

I've taken a Cosmos tour, which is the lower-priced arm of Globus and had a ball. Mine was a tour to several national parks in the Grand Canyon area. I decided on Cosmos rather than Globus because on 4 of the 7 nights, both tours stayed in the same hotels, yet the Globus tour was nearly twice the price. It did include several more meals, but it was still a better value for that particular trip to use Cosmos. I booked mine thru Delta Vacations in order to use a voucher, so the airfare was a part of the deal. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

we used Cosmos in 04 for a trip to England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. We booked through AAA and they did the airfare. It was our first tour and AAA  didn't mention requesting seats so we ended up in the last row. The tour itself was wonderful. 

In 2014 we traveled with Globus on a tour of Scottish Islands and Castles. Great tour. We did the airfare through them and knew our seats ahead of time.

I would travel with either one again.

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your input.  I aprreciate the help.