Super Contributor

Re: Girls trip to San Antonio in March--suggestions?

Spurt--- thank you for all your info!  I appreciate everyone's info---it is nice to hear from somewhere that lives there year round.  good to know about the closing mall----and especially THE OFFICIAL CAT, Bella, as we are all big cat lovers!  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt    Can you help?  (She lives there.)  Sounds like primarily a shopping trip.  Can't imagine going to the Alamo and not being interested enough to go inside.

@Kachina624 

And you get to meet Bella the Alamo cat who hangs out in the gift shop or in the office.....sometimes on the grounds...

24aeb462-1591-4d9f-aba5-9a8c6869f5ad-large16x9_bella.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pietook wrote:

Spurt--- thank you for all your info!  I appreciate everyone's info---it is nice to hear from somewhere that lives there year round.  good to know about the closing mall----and especially THE OFFICIAL CAT, Bella, as we are all big cat lovers!  

@pietook 

The River Center Mall isnt offically closing its just that many stores have left that mall....people here dont seem to shop there much anymore. They are headed more to the large shopping centers (The Rim or The Forum) or the La Cantera mall these days....

Tell the people in the gift shop you are from out of town and want a photo with Bella...You can find some good souvenirs there too......Bellas gotten gift packages from folks as far away as Canada that got to meet her on their trip to the Alamo....She has a Twitter account too...Here she is in the gift shop with a Davey Crockett hat....

1200x0.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

Love Bella!  One more quick question---the temp at night?  Do we even need to pack a sweater?? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pietook wrote:

Love Bella!  One more quick question---the temp at night?  Do we even need to pack a sweater?? Thanks!

@pietook 

Typically the low in March is 50 to 57 and the high is 74........ But we have had warm weather already and are expecting Monday and Tuesday of this week to be 83/50 already, before it cools down again,  but the last day for a freeze is normally March 2nd.....So it just depends on what you think "cold" is

Honored Contributor

@pietook Avoid:  JAIL!  You girls!  Woman Very Happy  Have fun!  

I'll bet you can find some turquoise and silver jewelry somewhere while you are there.

Super Contributor

I am hoping for that also!  

Super Contributor

Just a recap of our "girls" San Antonio trip!  It was my niece, good friend, my half sister that I we have only reconnected with in the last few years and myself.  San Antonio was beautiful.  We stayed on Riverwalk at Homewood Suites---big shout out to there desk clerk Sonia---fantastic help!  Went to the Alamo, Bella the cat had been removed due to construction around the Alamo.  We rode a bus to a Mall.  Went up in the towwer and watched 4-D short movies.   But---- we ate, shopped, drank pretty frozen drinks, laughed and even cried----what could be better than that for a few days away from home!

Thank you friends for all your help and suggestions!