Esteemed Contributor

Re: Getting Nervous About Vegas Trip!

@GenXmuse wrote:

If you think you wouldn't be able to enjoy yourself, I wouldn't go. No sense in going on vacation if you can't relax and have fun. Las Vegas will still be there when you feel it is safer to go. 
Maybe you could do a road trip somewhere to a quaint little town instead and stay a few days if you need a change of scenery. 

Excellent idea!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Food for thought...

I read these statements from the SFGate about Las Vegas:

"Visitors stay indoors for prolonged periods, mingling with others from all over the country," reads the news release.  "Masks are not required. The result is a set-up for the spread of COVID-19."

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

Food for thought...

I read these statements from the SFGate about Las Vegas:

"Visitors stay indoors for prolonged periods, mingling with others from all over the country," reads the news release.  "Masks are not required. The result is a set-up for the spread of COVID-19."

Vegas attracts people from all over the world.  Even though there is a travel ban from certain countries, you are still mingling with people who may have been exposed to all known variants.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Dr Markay from Johns Hopkins says that  covid-19 is  going to continure to be around  and it is likely eventually  going to be the 5th seasonal coronovirus , so we all just have to get use to living with another virus.

Honored Contributor

Remember that break through infections are extremely rare.  I think many of the people claim to get Covid despite being vaccinated really were not vaccinated.  But, wear a mask when you are crowded indoor places.  Don't be shy about it, it's the smart thing to do.  Also practice hand hygiene.  And relax and enjoy your vacation.  We are going to Myrtle Beach next month and I had the concerns.  I'm taking my own advice but we will be spending most of our time outside.  Two people in our group rented SUV'S so we won't have to use resort shuttle buses or Uber.  Looking forward to this vacation but we won't be going south or west after this vacation.  

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Dr Markay from Johns Hopkins says that  covid-19 is  going to continure to be around  and it is likely eventually  going to be the 5th seasonal coronovirus , so we all just have to get use to living with another virus.

Yes, I totally agree with that and epidemiologists  said that before there was a vaccine.  If sufficient numbers of people refused the vaccine, it would be with us forever.  But, of course, much more serious than other viruses.  I think we're headed for a time when people who are vaccinated and live in low infection areas will avoid the high infection states.  

Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie My younger brother and SIL have traveled to Vegas several times in the past 2 years.  Both are fully vaccinated and follow local mandates.    I'm older than they are and more cautious, but you should do whatever is right for you and your situation.  

Honored Contributor

We leave for Vegas early tomorrow morning and as of this moment, Vegas has an inside mask mandate.  That's fine with us because we will be wearing it even with family members at the get together.  Some aren't vaccinated and one of my granddaughters who is two has some medical issues and I certainly don't want to pass anything to her.  There will be social distancing which means no hugging, even though it's family.  A lot of money being spent in order to see each other .....it is what it is.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

We leave for Vegas early tomorrow morning and as of this moment, Vegas has an inside mask mandate.  That's fine with us because we will be wearing it even with family members at the get together.  Some aren't vaccinated and one of my granddaughters who is two has some medical issues and I certainly don't want to pass anything to her.  There will be social distancing which means no hugging, even though it's family.  A lot of money being spent in order to see each other .....it is what it is.

Please give us a trip report when you get back.  Have fun.

Frequent Contributor

It's the four year old and the two year old (especially with issues)  that I'd be the most concerned about. 

I wouldn't go because of them.