Honored Contributor

Get Your Titanic Tickets

[ Edited ]

I heard an announcement today that a duplicate of the original Titanic is going to be built in Dubai.  It'll have all the luxury fittings of the first Titantic but with an improved navigation system and lots of lifeboats.

On its maiden cruise it'll sail to Great Britain then the exact path of the first Titanic to the US.  Hope that iceberg has melted by now.  They expect it to be launched in 2023.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Get Your Titanic Tickets

i wouldn't mind taking a trip on it....

Super Contributor

Which means it will dock in NYC .... therefore pick up U.S. passengers if those from overseas get off~!

Esteemed Contributor

I saw the headline, but didn’t read the story. I think people will be surprised by how small it is now when compared to the new normal behemoths. But, I assume, that would be part of the attraction and the cost will reflect.
Trusted Contributor

Nope, no way, don't even offer me a free ticket. Too creepy or morbid. Why push your luck.

Honored Contributor

Wow I wonder how much it will cost?  Will they have balcony cabins or just portholes for most?

When my parents started going on cruises back in the 70s most outside cabins only had a small porthole for a window.  It was years later when cruise ships started offering balconies & larger windows.

If this follows the specs of the original Titanic I wonder how it will be for travelers who don't opt for "first class"?

Trusted Contributor

Good to know about the lifeboats!!

Don't know how I'd feel about a trip on this (as if I could afford it).

The Lizzie Borden murder house is now a bed and breakfast in Fall River, MA. I'm a life long Lizzie Borden-file but I don't want to spend the night in a bedroom in that house!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

Built in Dubai? 🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️

My first thought is about how their sky-scrapers fall down!

So, I’d need to know more before I would trust the builders!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1.  Dubai surprised me too.  I didn't know the Arabs were shipbuilders.  I wonder in which country it will be registered?  I haven't heard of buildings in the UAE falling down.  They have some spectacular skyscrapers.

I bet the new Titanic doesn't have balconies, which would be a deal-breaker for me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

I took a very interesting “Google” maps tour of Dubai one day.  Yes, it seems that stuff they build does not take into consideration things such as high winds/weather and several buildings have been just left without being finished. I will see if I can find the pictures!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~