Honored Contributor

Games and Puzzles While Traveling

[ Edited ]

I always completely immerse myself with the culture of the country I’m in; however, sometimes it is nice to take a break and play some games or do a puzzle or two. 

When I was in Ireland a couple of years ago, I met a woman who was deeply engrossed with her iPad, very intent. Turned out she was doing picture puzzles and you could adjust it for several levels of challenge. It is called  Magic Puzzles by Zimad, and since that time, I have gotten addicted, even playing during lunch while at work. There is a free puzzle each day or you can pay a reasonable price to download others or get them free by earning points.

Yesterday, while traveling by train in Japan, two gals were playing Wordscapes, So I downloaded that. From what I can tell, the maker of the game is People Fun. There is a new puzzle every day.

I would love to hear from you about other puzzles or games I may download on my iPad for use when I want to just relax while traveling.

Honored Contributor

Re: Games and Puzzles While Traveling

[ Edited ]

I don't play games or puzzles while traveling because I do not bother w/the internet.  I do not own a cell phone or an iPad.  My Notebook stays home.

For relaxation, if the hotel has an indoor pool, that is where you will find me.  Other than that, I am sitting somewhere "people watching."

Trains & planes I am reading "trash mags."  I really stock up on them. hidemf3.gif

At the same time I am plugged into my iPod Nano listening to my custom music or the towns local radio stations.  Depends on where I am.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler 

Thanks for passing along all of your fabulous travel information!   

Did you see the recent  LUG  clear tote with wristlet pouch?   I liked it but did not order.   

DH plays some games on his IPAD.  I have a booklet I enjoy very much.  (8" x 5"). 

*Super Circle - A - Word Large Print*.  A good travel size for taking along.  Halfway thru I rip all the used/solved puzzles out for a lighter booklet.    

I also travel with a  small tin of color pencils and  8x5 color pages to relax with. 

A neurologist told me these word search games are good stimulators for the brain! <G> 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Respected Contributor

We still get a real newspaper every day. I enjoy word puzzles like Jumble-Word and Crypto-Gram. I also do Sudoku number puzzles when I feel like it. I will bring them with me when we fly north for visits. Might pick up a paper up there for the return trip. The puzzles help occupy my mind while cooped up on the planes. DH does his crosswords.

Valued Contributor

I just got my first ipad at holiday time. I play Word Connect, Wordscapes - mostly.  Occasionally I play Unblock Car, Flow Free and Summer Mahjong by 24/7. Mostly I use it for reading library ebooks. 

Other downloaded games are 50 States, Rocket Frenzy and some Word Search games. 

I've been looking for a good puzzle game.  I'm intrigued by coloring books, but not sure how to use them. 

I had a great Jeopardy game on my Android tablet but the same one is not available for the ipad. 

Thanks.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hubby and I do the NY Times crossword most days.  I like Sudoku too.  And Jumble.  We also like the crosswords in the Tampa Bay Times.  We take a Travel Scrabble game with us. I also like to play Words With Friends. There's a good website for games that I use at home too - cardgames.io - but there are games other than card games on there.   We also read a lot on vacation.

Honored Contributor

@CinNCwrote:

I just got my first ipad at holiday time. I play Word Connect, Wordscapes - mostly.  Occasionally I play Unblock Car, Flow Free and Summer Mahjong by 24/7. Mostly I use it for reading library ebooks. 

Other downloaded games are 50 States, Rocket Frenzy and some Word Search games. 

I've been looking for a good puzzle game.  I'm intrigued by coloring books, but not sure how to use them. 

I had a great Jeopardy game on my Android tablet but the same one is not available for the ipad. 

Thanks.  

I love the color books. I do ColorArt right now. I don’t pay extra for anything just the free colors and pictures.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

words with friends is a staple for me.

trivia crack

jeopardy

toy blast

mini golf

hokm (a persian card game similar to spades)

snood

i go through spurts and add or delete games on my phone or tablet once i get a bit tired of them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 OMG!!! Another Trivia Crack player? I absolutely LOVE that app. One of the guys at work got me hooked on it three years ago. Talk about addiction! What level are you on? I’m on 368. I played someone a few weeks ago that was Level 600+. She’s a serious player. Maybe that’s you! Smiley LOL