Honored Contributor

Re: Funny: What Choosing a Window Seat Says About You (It's Not Good) Psychology says so.

i am a window seat person and i generally prefer to sit towards the back of the plane. i like the window seat because i rarely get up and i like to rest my head against the window.....i usually sleep pretty well on a plane and this is the best way not to be too disturbed.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Funny: What Choosing a Window Seat Says About You (It's Not Good) Psychology says so.

I usually travel alone ... and if available will reserve an aisle seat.  But many time I've been asked to switch seats so people can sit together.

I remove my hearng aids, open a book ... and generally doze off once we are in the air.  

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@VaBelle35 You are the first person I have known who likes the last row. The reason you like it (nearest to the bathroom) is the reason I wouldn't want to sit there. The lines of people standing in the aisle (including me!) by your last row must be annoying. And it seems that the people in that line need to bend over into your row a little to let others have room to pass them on their way back to their seat.

You have more patience than me! ha!

@World Traveler

Most airline staff enforce the no line rule, but when they don't people are pretty fun and we end up having an interesting conversation while they are waiting.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I like an aisle seat since I hate to bother anyone if I need to get up and I also don’t feel so closed in. My trade-off is that I do like looking out the window during takeoff, landing and while flying (if we are close enough to see anything on the ground). 

Respected Contributor

We have actually flown a couple times that I didn't get to sit with DH.  I hated that.  As long as we can sit together then I won't complain.

If I had my choice, I do like the window seat best. 

Honored Contributor

I'm an aisle seat person.  LIke to be able to stand up and stretch my legs when I want, get into my bag in the overhead, don't have a weak bladder but do like being able to get up and go the bathroom without disturbing anyone, don't mind if the flight attendant has to reach over me, but the one drawback for me is that the underseat area is smallest in an aisle seat so not much of anything will fit under there.  Another reason I like it, is that I can start to feel a bit claustrophobic in a middle or window seat but don't feel that way with an aisle seat.  On a short flight, if necessary, I'll do a middle or window seat but not on a long flight. 

Trusted Contributor

Good thing I couldn't care less what some guy who eats creepy things says or what whoever that chickie shrink says. I'll take the window seat! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Any seat is good without someone behind kicking and constantly fiddling with the tray. When I used to fly for business, it was usually a same day return or an overnight. That means a very small bag which can be tucked under the seat. So I would board last since i was not searching for overhead space. I would also take the window seat and not be disturbed. 

Traveling for pleasure is a total different story. Aisle seat and will board when it is my turn to hoist the bag into an overhead compartment. I was seated in the last row a few weeks ago (I could not choose the seat). As soon as the doors closed, I move 2 rows up to get away from the bathroom.

Respected Contributor

I choose aisle seats. I'm a bit claustrophobic and being stuck next to the window with another person between me and the aisle makes me fairly anxious. I have one segment next week where I'll have to sit by the window for about 90 minutes (only seat available in the cabin when I booked it) and I'm already starting to dread it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

Lord, please save me from sitting next to people who want to chat during a airline flight.