Honored Contributor

Re: Funny: What Choosing a Window Seat Says About You (It's Not Good) Psychology says so.

@KathyPet wrote:

Lord, please save me from sitting next to people who want to chat during a airline flight.

@KathyPet

Earbuds!  I have them in all the time even if I don't even have them connected to anything.  LOL

I've forgotten them a few times and paid the price.  One time, I bought some in the airport on the way home because on my flight out the guy next to me had to keep reading me passages from the book The Secret, back when that was sweeping the nation.  

He was very young and very excited about the book.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: Funny: What Choosing a Window Seat Says About You (It's Not Good) Psychology says so.

My choice of seat has to do with claustraphobia.  Aisle seats and I feel like I can breathe.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

On my first trip to Europe, many years ago, I requested a window seat so that I could enjoy whatever scenery was out there. Unfortunately, the man seated in the middle seat slept all the way and I couldn’t get through to walk, stretch, go to the bathroom, etc. without waking him up. Now, I would just wake him up but in those days I was shy and reticent. I stayed where I was for the entire eight hour trip. I learned a lesson. I always request an aisle seat and have never regretted it.

Respected Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

Lord, please save me from sitting next to people who want to chat during a airline flight.

^^^This!

That recent flight that I had to sit next to the window? The man seated next to me on the aisle insisted on treating me to a lecture on why everything about Canada is superior to the United States. This was a domestic flight. After about 10 minutes, I looked at him and said “then why the heck are you in the US?”. End of that conversation. Jerk. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Rubbish...lol   People like me who prefer a window seat don't want axx's in our faces as people climb all over us during a flight and we like looking out the window.   I think many people who have small bladders prefer aisle seats but some people just don't like looking out the window when they fly.  Also, it's easy to get the flight attendant's attention if you are in an aisle seat.  

Respected Contributor

Well I don't like to be crawled over either - and I'd like the window seat to sleep.  However, I've had too many experiences where the person on the aisle puts the tray table down with the laptop and then proceeds to go to sleep.  So then if I do have to get up, I have to wake him - and then it's a big inconvenience for him etc. 

So now I sit on the aisle.  I'd rather get up for someone than to have to go through the above.

Esteemed Contributor

I board early --- Early Bird seating on Southwest.  My hubby takes the aisle seat and I the middle.  I lay in wait and make eye contact with those boarding after us.  I smile, find a friendly face and they sit down at the window position.  I end up with marvelous conversations and the trip goes rather smoothly and quickly.  Hubby is quiet and reserved so he reads. I  am talkative and make new friends. 

Valued Contributor

I'm a window person, always have been. It doesn't matter the weather or time of day or night, I just get lost in thought looking outside. In another life I probably would have wanted to be a pilot, I love flying so much. Although I can see the appeal of aisle seats, give me two sodas and I'll probably wish I'd worn a diaper.