Valued Contributor

I just booked a flight to Vegas with Frontier only because no other airline has a direct flight from my home town.I read about delays and cancellations etc.

I would like to read your reviews if some of you used Frontier lately.Thanks

Regular Contributor

Our family flies Frontier frequently.  DH and I live in SW FL and our 2 daughters live in Vegas.  Frontier has some great deals between Tampa and Vegas allowing us to fly more often.  Oldest daughter is flying in  next weekend for Gasparilla @$60 r/t.  

It is bare bones so you need to run the numbers to see if it is worth it if you fly with bags, etc.  

We used to be loyal SW Airline customers, but, they have raised the prices on our route so much that we switched.  

Honored Contributor

I have flown with Frontier several times. Never had a problem. I would fly with  them again.

Flying is always a surprise.  You never know what will happen weather wise or who will on on the flight or when delays will happen.....doesn't matter which airline you use.

When I fly, I never purchase food or drinks on the flight so I never had to deal with high prices of food or tipping the hostess.

Honored Contributor

There are some airlines that have more problems than others, including cancellations.  Spirit and Frontier are 2 of those airlines.  And the problem is, they don't have as many flights going to various destinations and they have no reciprocity agreement with any other airline so if your flight is canceled, you can be in a real jam to get another flight.   

I know someone who went to Florida a few years ago on Frontier.  They got there fine. They went to the airport for their flight home and were told there was a delay. The reason given was they were waiting for another Frontier flight to land because a flight attendant on the incoming flight was supposed to be on his flight.  After several delays, someone noticed the flight they were supposedly waiting for had landed an hour prior and they realized they were being lied to.  All of a sudden the announcement was made that the flight was canceled.  Long story short, the next flight Frontier had out of this part of Florida was in 2 days and that's the flight they'd get all of them on.  This person ended up renting a car and driving home.

I know someone that was going to visit someone in Savannah. Flights were expensive so he called his buddy to ask what airline he flies to get down there and was told Spirit but he said it's hit or miss as to whether your flight will actually take off.  LOL

As I've said, I've flown Frontier without issue as has my DH but there is no denying they have issues. 

Respected Contributor
my Frontier Airlines flight was wobbly and bumpy taking off. I didn't enjoy it. Back to Southwest for this weary traveler
Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:
my Frontier Airlines flight was wobbly and bumpy taking off. I didn't enjoy it. Back to Southwest for this weary traveler

ANY aircraft from ANY airline can have a bumpy take-off. It all depends on weather, runway conditions and things like wake turbulence if a much larger plane departs just before you. Southwest is experiencing a lot of delays and cancellations due to widely reported maintenance issues. I certainly wouldn't be booking with them. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

I have a family member who is a pilot for Delta for the last 30 years. He told me that pilots for frontier, even jet blue hire pilots who could not get on with the bigger airlines. The wage are less for those pilots.  I fly jet blue a lot because there is a direct flight to Boston from where I live. 

Respected Contributor
Does anyone remember Hooters Airlines? The flight attendants would wear skimpy tight fitting outfits. The airlines went bankrupt back in the 90s. I believe it catered to men who went golfing in Myrtle Beach or Florida. I don't think the airline would flourish today in the Me Too era.