Respected Contributor

Re: Four Days in New York City

Every time we go to NYC we say" ok we don't need to go back anytime soon." But we always find new and interesting things to go as we back again and again. 

About 2 years ago we took the bus to West Point. It was disappointing that we did not get to see as much as other military academies but glad we went. It takes an entire day.

Respected Contributor

So glad you enjoyed your time there.  There are so many things and so many neighborhoods to visit. Central Park, the Village, Soho, theater, etc.   I'm living in the Chicago area now but when we go every October to visit my sister and her family, and our friends,  we walk almost everywhere.  The last trip we put on 24,000 and 22,000 steps two days in a row.  

The next time we're back I'd like to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge.  That is one thing I have never done.

Respected Contributor

@nyc1  You had us beat but we averaged 17,000 steps a day while in NYC.   We saw the Brooklyn Bridge from the tour bus and all the people walking it. I would like to walk the bridge too (next time!). 

Super Contributor

Thank you for your trip report!  Sounds like a great trip!  Making me anxious for mine in July!

Esteemed Contributor

My husband and I will be spending a couple of days in Manhattan next week, a mini vacation before visiting relatives who live in the NYC suburbs. We never tire of the energy of NYC although, as the saying goes, “It’s a great place to visit but I wouldn’t want to live there.”

Respected Contributor

Love NYC! Grew up in NJ and went often to the city. Museums, concerts, plays, Central Park, love it all! Glad to see others enjoy it, too. 😊

My son now works and lives in NYC. I’m getting more comfortable driving in from PA now.  At first it was intimidating, must admit.