Respected Contributor

Found My Moccasins From Montana

I am not sure this subject goes here.

Years ago I went to Montana back country and I believe it was in the Blackfoot tribe area... we took back roads and were invited into 1 home...was not a city.... Was a mother/father and baby.

I bought their moccasins...very worn/beautiful....such a giving people. Very humble. There are several tribes....so I may not be exact which one we visited....I think it was about 1995 when we went.

I found both moccasins! They are missing the long leather tie...you can see how lovely and how they've worn over the years in that family... I think they are so beautiful/special.

Imagine the stories they can tell.... Smiley Happy

blackfoot Montana.jpg

SPECIAL TRIBE copy.jpg

montana.jpg

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

Re: Found My Moccasins From Montana

We were headed to stay in Grizzly country....no running water etc.

We had to sign a paper if we did not return - and agreed to pay the search party to find if we'd been eaten by a bear.... Beautiful there and long horn sheep...deer...fishing...fox...all wild life. 

I remember we rented a car and got a speeding ticket...my boyfriend/fiance had very long hair....and I guess the cop did not feel he looked right in a nice car so we had to show papers....honestly. He just paid the fine right there on the side of the road and we were on on way again. 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@cbrite.  Sounds like a wonderful trip, like something I'd do.  I was up in that area 3 years ago on a trip from Santa Fe to Alberta, Canada, a road trip.

FYI, I believe it's a big horn sheep and long horn cattle.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

LOL...well, there goes my mind @Kachina624 Smiley Very Happy

It is all so lovely, isn't it....we went into Canada too..... I loved it there...went straight to the bakery!!

I loved how I felt (because of the money difference) it was all on sale!! The roads are bare......open driving in such beauty... and stars galore.... thanks for correcting me @Kachina624

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

I love Canada; it's so neat and clean.  I could happily live there, especially if a view of the mountains was involved.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Very interesting.  When we lived in ND, and traveled into Montana (on the way to Glacier National Park) we went into Grizzly country too,  I remarked to my husband one of those days, that the wild animals were so lucky to live in such a beautiful area.  Montana is a beautiful state too.  Very clean, and the air is so fresh.  Probably because it can get too cold there too.  Montana makes you say, "this is God's country".  

Honored Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

We were headed to stay in Grizzly country....no running water etc.

We had to sign a paper if we did not return - and agreed to pay the search party to find if we'd been eaten by a bear.... Beautiful there and long horn sheep...deer...fishing...fox...all wild life. 

I remember we rented a car and got a speeding ticket...my boyfriend/fiance had very long hair....and I guess the cop did not feel he looked right in a nice car so we had to show papers....honestly. He just paid the fine right there on the side of the road and we were on on way again. 

What I highlighted in red thrills me to no end!  I am so glad people there recognized that we humans are the intruders on the bears' land, and that the bears are only doing what comes naturally to them.  I wish all states had that.  I hope Montana still does.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.