Honored Contributor

Re: For Those Looking For a Travel Bag - LUG TSV

@JudyL Oh, that watercolor is nice. I looked at that as another choice for a lighter PJ.

So glad you got it, though. I believe it will be able to handle your camera case if you are speaking of the larger, regular cameras and not the point and shoot kind.

Just this morning I was marveling at how much I got in it. My regular wallet, a couple of Lock N Locks for lunch, my personal items like clippers, lipstick, etc. I stopped off at Starbucks and put a bag of something to snack on in the Lug, along with the napkins. I stopped off at a donut place to get a couple for one of my bosses (that went inside the bag too!), and I put my dark glasses case in there. Actually, I didn't utilize any of the outside pockets except for where my cell phone goes.

I know you weren't planning any big trip after the one you took last year. Are you getting to the "thinking" stages yet for something you would like to do when you finally do want to sign up for a trip?

My sister just got back from the Adriatic with OAT, land not cruise. She loved it as much as I did. She and a girlfriend went, and it is her SECOND favorite trip with them. Her favorite? Well, of course, just like you and me, it is the trip to Africa she took with her daughter. 

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

Hmmmm, where could I be going?!  LOL  AFRICA OF COURSE!  It'll probably be June of 2020, depending on finances and what life brings over the next year or so.  If all goes well, I hope to be booking that trip this time next year.  I would like to do the pre and post trip on the Ultimate Africa tour.  That truly is such a wonderful safari.  Last time I did the pre-trip, which was to a different place than they have now but didn't do the post-trip.  With all the times I've been to Africa, I have yet to see Cape Town so want to do that.  Hopefully by then they will be out of their drought.

Was hoping I could then go up to Kenya/Tanzania and do the Rwanda trek to the gorillas but that trip will have to wait.  Finances and not being able to take that much time off work will prevent me from dong back-to-back trips.  But you know me, if I could spend months in Africa I would, alas, that may be a retirement goal!

It was a toss up between the Rhine/Mosul river cruise or Africa.  I really want to do the cruise but my heart and soul are aching/crying to go back "home."  So "home" I will go.

In the meantime, I will just enjoy everyone else's trips!

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@pinkmochi wrote:

@Trudey wrote:

Does anyone use a Lug wallet?  My current wallet is a small accordian style, but is not rfid protected and doesn't have a designated place for cash.  I'm trying to decide between the Tandem and the Splits.  Any advice is appreciated.

@Trudey I have the Splits wallet in the rockstar print. I used to use a Travelon wallet that was slim but wanted something new. I don't know if I like it more than my other wallet since it's not as slim. For some reason, I always grab it backwards. I mean, when I try to unzip it, it's always turned the opposite way from what I want. I should see if the zipper runs the opposite way from my old wallet or what my problem is, but I always have to turn the wallet around after I unzip it because my cards are upside-down. Weird! It might just be me and not have anything to do with the wallet. Woman LOL

@Trudey These problems with the direction, as mentoned in my reply to a post about the Tandem.........I wonder if the designer, Ami, is left-handed and that's why a couple of the things seem a bit different from what we right-handers would find easier to deal with. Assuming you are right-handed. Hmmmm....food for thought. Smiley Indifferent

@World Traveler So nice to know that it's not just me! I thought I was just inept at opening a wallet. LOLOL! I always have to turn the wallet to the back (the coin pocket side) when I open it now to have my cards facing the right way when I unzip it. Why wouldn't they notice this when they were designing it? Bizarre.

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@pinkmochi As to the Splits, this is what I think/see when I look at it. The video makes the Splits look so stuffed with things. I don't know if that means it is too small or Ami has just jammed it to the hilt to show all you can get in it. I don't want a wallet that is fat looking.

Maybe she is putting more in it than she should or it's just a personal thing with me. I like to get a lot into a wallet, but I don't want that over stuffed look.

Is anyone else seeing the Splits the same way, or not?  It is a cutie though!

It's not fat; it's just thicker than my Travelon wallet that QVC sells in sets of three. I don't have that many cards in it, so it's not a Costanza wallet. The print is really cute. My only issue is the way it unzips. 

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

A question for all the Lug lovers, if you were just getting one bag for travel, would you get a basic color or a fun print? 

@pinkmochi I used to want to have everything match. Last year I stopped doing that with the Lug pieces. I get the one that catches my eye and makes me smile. So I have a bunch of different looking pieces. 

So, to answer your question about a single bag, although I guess it is smart to get something neutral, I would go with whatever brings you the most joy when you see it, whether it is a basic color or a fun print. That Flamingo is a kick! ha!

@Trudey asked this question, not me. Smiley Tongue 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trudey wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@Trudey LOL!!!! He is way to smart! ha!

L-O-V-E the Flamingo! Since my Brushed Blush is in advance delivery for some strange reason, maybe I should change to the Flamingo too!

@World Traveler  I have always loved flamingos.  If it makes you smile too...change your order.  Life is too short to be practical, right?

@Trudey Oh, you are a terrible influence on me! I called and cancelled my Brushed Pearl (not Blush) and ordered the Firework, not the Flamingo. I really do like the Flamingo, but the Firework will match my Tandem2.

So much for my saying I wanted a lighter color bag for spring/summer! LOL!!

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler  So glad you got the Fireworks print...it's "a party in a bag" Smiley Happy  I heard them say that the Tandem 2 was advance order, but did they say that about the TSV?  I hope they ship soon...I can't wait to see the print in person,

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trudey When I went back in to see if I could cancel my order, about an hour ago, everything was still available, all colors/patterns, and mine (Brushed Pearl) was "in process." So watch to see if yours goes "in process" quickly also.

There was no mention of Advance Orders on the TSV when I was checking for it.

Truthfully, I tried to cancel it before calling Customer Service, and it wouldn't let me because it was "in process," so obviously they must not be doing advance orders on it yet; and when I called CS, they could not cancel it either. They tried. Then I asked if they could change the color, and the system would not let them do that either.

So the gal told me to let it go thru and when the Brushed Pearl shows up to write on the invoice that it is not what I wanted/ordered (or whatever the form says), so they will not charge me return shipping. 

She then placed the order for the Firework for me, to ensure it went thru. She did not indicate that it was an advance order; in fact, she said I could probably get it by June !! I'm not holding my breath on that. (Sorry, I originally said June 30.) And I note that it is already "in process." YAAAAY!

Basically, she didn't have to do place the order for me, as I could have just done an exchange at no cost, but she wanted to ensure that the one I wanted was still available. I appreciate her doing that for me. Who knows if the Firework would have been available by the time the Brushed Pearl got to me and I sent it back for an exchange?

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

Isn't the Fireworks bag on a navy background?  If so, that is a summer color and with the red, white, and blue, well, everyone associates Fireworks with summertime so I think its a perfect bag for summer!  Glad you got the Fireworks bag , I really liked it too.

Mine won't arrive until around June 5.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get yours sooner.

Respected Contributor

The estimated delivery date for my bag is June 1st.