Honored Contributor

Re: For Those Looking For a Travel Bag - LUG TSV

@pinkmochi wrote:

@Trudey wrote:

Does anyone use a Lug wallet?  My current wallet is a small accordian style, but is not rfid protected and doesn't have a designated place for cash.  I'm trying to decide between the Tandem and the Splits.  Any advice is appreciated.

@Trudey I have the Splits wallet in the rockstar print. I used to use a Travelon wallet that was slim but wanted something new. I don't know if I like it more than my other wallet since it's not as slim. For some reason, I always grab it backwards. I mean, when I try to unzip it, it's always turned the opposite way from what I want. I should see if the zipper runs the opposite way from my old wallet or what my problem is, but I always have to turn the wallet around after I unzip it because my cards are upside-down. Weird! It might just be me and not have anything to do with the wallet. Woman LOL

@Trudey These problems with the direction, as mentoned in my reply to a post about the Tandem.........I wonder if the designer, Ami, is left-handed and that's why a couple of the things seem a bit different from what we right-handers would find easier to deal with. Assuming you are right-handed. Hmmmm....food for thought. Smiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

@World Traveler Okay, take two! Woman Tongue I posted about the Mini Puddle Jumper being the QVC2 Big Deal last year and didn't buy it. I watched the presentation this time a couple times to see if it's something I could use, but I still don't think I can use it. It's too small to fit my insulated lunchbag for work and too big to be my purse. So I'm going to pass again. 

I think I have a problem, too! I have a Carousel, the Camper, the Ace, and the Splits wallet. 

@pinkmochi Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi As to the Splits, this is what I think/see when I look at it. The video makes the Splits look so stuffed with things. I don't know if that means it is too small or Ami has just jammed it to the hilt to show all you can get in it. I don't want a wallet that is fat looking.

Maybe she is putting more in it than she should or it's just a personal thing with me. I like to get a lot into a wallet, but I don't want that over stuffed look.

Is anyone else seeing the Splits the same way, or not?  It is a cutie though!

Honored Contributor

A question for all the Lug lovers, if you were just getting one bag for travel, would you get a basic color or a fun print? 

@pinkmochi I used to want to have everything match. Last year I stopped doing that with the Lug pieces. I get the one that catches my eye and makes me smile. So I have a bunch of different looking pieces. 

So, to answer your question about a single bag, although I guess it is smart to get something neutral, I would go with whatever brings you the most joy when you see it, whether it is a basic color or a fun print. That Flamingo is a kick! ha!

Respected Contributor

After spending way too much time trying to decide whether or not to order the Mini PJ and which color would be the most "practical", I decided to get my husband's input (he is usually the voice of reason).  I didn't say which colors I was considering.  He watched the video, checked out the measurements and all the features and said "You have to get the flamingo...why would you even consider anything else?".  So...the Flamingo print Mini PJ is coming home to me Smiley Happy  The print just makes me smile.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey LOL!!!! He is way to smart! ha!

L-O-V-E the Flamingo! Since my Brushed Blush is in advance delivery for some strange reason, maybe I should change to the Flamingo too!

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Trudey LOL!!!! He is way to smart! ha!

L-O-V-E the Flamingo! Since my Brushed Blush is in advance delivery for some strange reason, maybe I should change to the Flamingo too!

@World Traveler  I have always loved flamingos.  If it makes you smile too...change your order.  Life is too short to be practical, right?

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

After much thinking about and watching a couple presentations I decided to go ahead and get the TSV.  Think it will make a good commute bag and I'm hoping that I can put everything I need in it so that I don't have to carry a purse.  Right now I carry a tote bag and a LUG purse so it'd be nice to get everything down to one bag.  Also ordered the Tandem2 wallet.  I liked the strap on it and figured when I go out to lunch, I can grab that.  Also think the mini-PJ might just work as a carry-on for when I travel, will test it out with my camera case.

Ordered the Watercolor pearl in both the TSV and the wallet.  I have loved that pattern since the very first time I saw a LUG presentation but for some reason never purchased it - always went with practical colors.  Not this time!  LOL 

Noticed that my TSV will arrive around June 5 but my wallet worn't arrive until around June 11.  Must be a delay in supply or maybe a lot more people ordered than they thought and someone is scrambling around somewhere to get some more made!  LOL

Think once I get this TSV, I am going to go through all my bags, carry-ons, backpacks, and only keep the ones I know that I'll use.  I know I have a few that I could probably donate.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey I would change my order in a heartbeat if it wasn't that I already have a dark colored Mini PJ (black polka dot). I only went with the Pearl because it was the lightest of the choices, and I plan to use it during the spring and summer months. Bummer!

Respected Contributor

@JudyL  I hope you love your watercolor pearl pieces.  That is a pretty print.  Like you, I am going to pull out all of my older totes and travel bags and donate them.  I just got new luggage, so older luggage will be donated too.  I'm feeling the need to clear out all the things I no longer use and hopefully someone else can enjoy them.