Respected Contributor

Re: For Those Looking For a Travel Bag - LUG TSV

I got an email from ebags that will allow me to purchase the regular sized puddle jumper, in black, for $68 with free shipping. That seems like a great price.  For those who have it, is it a good size for a weekend trip?  Can I pack two outfits plus toiletries in it without it being over-filled?  Thanks!

Valued Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

I got an email from ebags that will allow me to purchase the regular sized puddle jumper, in black, for $68 with free shipping. That seems like a great price.  For those who have it, is it a good size for a weekend trip?  Can I pack two outfits plus toiletries in it without it being over-filled?  Thanks!

The full sized puddle jumper is a great size for weekend trips. I use it for that quite frequently and I would assume it would work for your needs. For me it has fit all my toiletries, several outfits on the inside and all the outside pockets fit my my electronic cables and iPad. One outside pocket I use for cosmetics. I have the original PJ in Steel Blue which is a color I would love for them to start using again. 

Trusted Contributor

@Trudey I just got back from a couple days in Point Reyes National Seashore and Muir Woods. I used the Puddle Jumper for the first time (it's usually my gym bag), and it was great! I was able to put water in the side pockets since I always pack water. I had a whole extra outfit (jeans, two layering shirts) that I didn't end up wearing, sweats and long-sleeved shirt that I didn't wear, T-shirt, socks, toiletries, makeup bag, small packing cube with charging cords, etc., and the packable PJ that I didn't use. I also put some homework in the front pocket. The bag really holds a lot, and the non-slip handles make it easy to carry. So happy with it! I thought about bringing the Propeller, but I like how the PJ stands up, and I wanted to try it for travel. I love that these bags have a space for shoes. I could've put my sandals in the zippered outside pocket and still had room.