Super Contributor

Sorry for this silly question.... we are flying on Hawaiian Airlines, and purchased the extra comfort seats, which have extra leg room and a meal. We have never been on a flight long enough to have a meal, so I guess I need to be schooled on this! Do we need to do anything ahead of time? Choosing a menu? Do they give you a choice on the plane? I'm not expecting a lot in terms of the taste, although I have heard the food is fairly good on some planes.Thanks for any replies!

Honored Contributor

We’re proud of the distinct in-flight dining experience we offer our guests. 

Hawaiian Airlines takes in-flight meals to a whole new level thanks to our award-winning executive chefs. 

We offer exquisite, island-inspired meals created by MW Restaurant Executive Chefs, Wade Ueoka and Michelle Karr- Ueoka. From savory island-inspired dishes to enticing desserts made by one of the premier pastry Chefs in Hawaii, our culinary offerings will be unlike anything you've ever been served on an airplane. 

You’ll also enjoy a wide array of complimentary drinks to make your flight as enjoyable and relaxing and possible. 

So, kick back and enjoy!

Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free and child meals are available on all international inbound and outbound flights (with the exception of PPT and PPG) in Business Class and Main Cabin, by request, at least 48 hrs prior to your flight.* To pre-order any of these special meals, please call our reservations department or your travel agent.

If our complimentary meals (regular, vegetarian, vegan or gluten free or child) do not meet your specific dietary needs, we welcome you to bring your own meals on board.

*Pre-orders for these special meals will not be taken at the gate or inflight.

First Class Menu

Mainland to Hawaii

Brunch

Fresh Fruit Bowl
Warmed Croissant with Butter and Jam
Vegetable Hash Cake with MW Special Sauce and Arabiki Pork Sausage

Dessert

Vanilla Cheesecake with Yuzu and Strawberry Sauce by Executive Chef Michelle Karr-Ueoka

Lunch/Dinner

Appetizer

Nicoise Salad with Cherry Tomoatos, Roasted Potatoes, Chinese Long Beans, Kalamata Olives and Boiled Egg with Sherry Vinaigrette

Main Entrée - Please select one

Soy Braised Chicken, Daikon (radish) and Carrots with Jasmine Rice

Portobello Hash Cake with MW Special Sauce and Vegetables

Dessert

Vanilla Cheesecake with Yuzu and Strawberry Sauce by Executive Chef Michelle Karr-Ueoka

Late Night Snack

Spinach and Mushroom Dip with Toast Points
Curry Chicken Wrap with Corn Salsa
Seasonal Fresh Fruits

Menu items are subject to availability and may be substituted.
We apologize if your selection is not available. Thank you for your understanding.

Honored Contributor

Not a silly question.  We have never flown Hawaiian but when we fly United or American in first class, we are sometimes able to pre-order a meal.  Depends on how long the flight is.  

My word of advice--NEVER travel without bringing your own food.  Flights can be delayed, you may not like what they serve, etc. etc.  And don't count on buying food at the airport, way overpriced.

Have fun!

Honored Contributor

@nanny24 wrote:

Sorry for this silly question.... we are flying on Hawaiian Airlines, and purchased the extra comfort seats, which have extra leg room and a meal. We have never been on a flight long enough to have a meal, so I guess I need to be schooled on this! Do we need to do anything ahead of time? Choosing a menu? Do they give you a choice on the plane? I'm not expecting a lot in terms of the taste, although I have heard the food is fairly good on some planes.Thanks for any replies!

@nanny24  Did you just get extra comfort seats or are you going first class? 

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Not a silly question.  We have never flown Hawaiian but when we fly United or American in first class, we are sometimes able to pre-order a meal.  Depends on how long the flight is.  

My word of advice--NEVER travel without bringing your own food.  Flights can be delayed, you may not like what they serve, etc. etc.  And don't count on buying food at the airport, way overpriced.

Have fun!

And long lines.  

Lucky you.  I think a 4 hour flight is long enough for a meal, but all I ever get is some Biscoff cookies.  First Class may be getting meals, but we don't fly First Class.

Super Contributor

No first class for us! It is called extra comfort, with extra 5" leg room, and one meal. And yes, I take a LOT of snacks on the plane. I am always hungry, and like to nibble! Hoping I can purchase some wine...not a fan of flying, and it is an 8 hour flight.

Honored Contributor

@nanny24 wrote:

No first class for us! It is called extra comfort, with extra 5" leg room, and one meal. And yes, I take a LOT of snacks on the plane. I am always hungry, and like to nibble! Hoping I can purchase some wine...not a fan of flying, and it is an 8 hour flight.

@nanny24  You will probably get the same meal as everyone else in the back of the plane but you can call the airline to make sure.

Honored Contributor

@nanny24 wrote:

We've flown in "extra comfort" class and the wine was no extra charge.    

Respected Contributor

@nanny24  Have no idea of what you should expect in today's market but during the years of business travel I experienced the quality of food was good. Selection and custom orders were good as well. You will need to make any special arrangements prior to your flight.

Enjoy your trip!

Honored Contributor

Agree with @kaydee50 .....Never travel without bringing your own food....the anticipated menu has more than once disappointed to the point of inedible.