Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Flight scheduled for Thursday morning early BWI to Fort Lauderdale

p@bonnielu wrote:

Just need advice from those of you that either live in Florida or those of you who travel by plane.

Daughter and family have a family event scheduled for Thursday  6pm in Boca Raton Florida.  We have tickets to fly that early morning.  We will fly home Sunday.  

So far the hurricane is stalled.  Airport closed Tuesday.  We are willing to wait it out.  Wondering if anyone might know about airport closings.. hurricane influence.  Time tables.  Do you think the airport will open if the storm passes and what would be the timetable.  I have no clue.  I live in the mountains and the only weather incidents we have to deal with have to do with snow.  

No idea if clean up in involved... conditions making a difference.  On edge here.  I don't want to miss THE PARTY and yet I have no clue.  We go to a hotel a day early... Park Sleep Fly because we are over an hour from the airport...

As of 7 P M, Ft. Lauderdale Aurport is closed until further notice. I’ll check again in the morning. You can also call your airline. They know if the airport is closed. I’m pretty sure that the airport will be open by Thursday. Dade and Broward counties aren’t getting any winds at all. Boca, is. Another matter. Boca is under a hurricane warning tonight. You will have to keep checking in with your daughter. 

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Just need advice from those of you that either live in Florida or those of you who travel by plane.

Daughter and family have a family event scheduled for Thursday  6pm in Boca Raton Florida.  We have tickets to fly that early morning.  We will fly home Sunday.  

So far the hurricane is stalled.  Airport closed Tuesday.  We are willing to wait it out.  Wondering if anyone might know about airport closings.. hurricane influence.  Time tables.  Do you think the airport will open if the storm passes and what would be the timetable.  I have no clue.  I live in the mountains and the only weather incidents we have to deal with have to do with snow.  

No idea if clean up in involved... conditions making a difference.  On edge here.  I don't want to miss THE PARTY and yet I have no clue.  We go to a hotel a day early... Park Sleep Fly because we are over an hour from the airport...

AIRPORT IS REOPENING TUESDAY AT NOON.

Esteemed Contributor

Depends on how much Dorian moves! 

storm.jpg

Note the size of Dorian compared to Florida!

Esteemed Contributor

The Fort Lauderdale airport reopened at noon!