Valued Contributor

Re: Five Myths About Hotel Room Service

@World Traveler     We are not much into room service, seems SO expensive.  Thanks for posting this article and comments.   We will spend  $EXTRA$ for a room with a balcony! 

A  bit off topic....DH and his Finance Eval Crew have recently stayed at a few  Embassy Suites.  

ES  offer a wonderful buffet breakfast in the morning. 

They offer a wonderful  *HAPPY HOUR*  with free beer and wine and mixed drinks  with snacks in the evening for about 2hours, (5:30 - 7:30)      

His crew meets for breakfast start ups and Happy Hour wrap ups and then out to supper via a cab van or uber van of course. No drinking and driving allowed!   

Sometimes I have DH bring up a plate of breakfast tidbits for me. I am not an early bird.<G>   

Check out  *Embassy Suites*  FYI! 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Five Myths About Hotel Room Service

I rarely use room service but this past summer my husband and I had a very early whale-watching cruise and had to leave our hotel before restaurants were open. We were staying in Québec City at one of my favorite hotels, L’Auberge St Antoine. We were able to order room service to arrive at 6am. The hotel’s restaurant serves excellent breakfasts and their room service was perfect. The coffee was hot and fresh, the croissants were flaky and delicious, the orange juice was fresh squeezed, and the jam was made in-house. We were definitely not disappointed and the price was not outrageous. I think that in hotels with a great restaurant and a reputation for fine service, room service is usually good.