Respected Contributor

Currently 72ºF here in Fort Myers. Very nice day. We are far enugh south that we get chilly weather but seldom freezing. Yes, we do have the "heat" on.

Honored Contributor

Here in Alabama we just got rid of our 6" of snow, not fair!!

I'm cold when the temps get below 70.

@BalletBabe I feel your pain!!

Respected Contributor

I just imagine as you're not used to the cold. I love the cold so to my ears it sounds heavenly. I abhor heat and humidity so I plan to migrate north if the climate keeps getting hotter in NYC.

Last week it was 57 degrees one night and I couldn't sleep well. Canada is looking like a viable option. Most of my wool coats are from there already so I can just shop locally. LOL.

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

Re: FREEZING IN FLORIDA

[ Edited ]

The trick to stay warm that works for me is to tuck a camisole or thin top inside your pants and wear a second one on top. It's the chilly air that comes up your back and waist that makes you feel like you're freezing. I also need to wear socks. I have shearling slippers I wear during the cold months. 

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! I am laughing because when I lived in NJ I couldn't wait for snow & cold!!!

my kids were laughing when it's 30 degrees there & I'm on skype with my GD wearing sweatshirt, turtleneck, blanket & gloves in the house!!! They think I finally lost my mind🙄!☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️

It's colder in my house than outside a brisk 65!!!  We are spoiled by warm weather everyday!  I'm already cringing getting off that plane in Philly next week -- no flip flops for me!!! Lol

Honored Contributor

And to think I just laid out my long johns & my fur bomber hat  for tomorrow.  17° wind chill factor tomorrow in So. Joisey. icon_exclaim.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

We were in Houston last February visiting my daughter. A hostess at one of the local eateries was commenting how cold she was and it was in the 60s. I'd like to have a few of those days in February in OK. We had a good laugh.

Esteemed Contributor

I live smack dab in the middle of the country. Lately, I get so cold during winter. I think I need to go ahead and order polar fleece sheets. This year husband started saying how cold he is because of his office window and how he can't warm up. He's wearing vests under his jacket to work. We both sit with a blanket over us when we watch TV. We're active, so it's not about that. We used to be snow skiers. Our bodies no longer appreciate winter! Something just happens.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

I love our fleece sheets. Mine are the Malden Mills ones. I tried other brands but imo theirs are the best.

Respected Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

Currently 72ºF here in Fort Myers. Very nice day. We are far enugh south that we get chilly weather but seldom freezing. Yes, we do have the "heat" on.

@StylishLady wrote:

I live in Ft. Myers also.. I am loving the cool down ....