Respected Contributor

Have any of you who have traveled with tour groups ever used Exotica tours?  A friend sent me a link for a possible future trip.  Their prices sound great.  I looked at a few reviews and they sound good also, but I'd like to get some opinions if any of you have used them in the past.

Really don't want to get into the whole it's not safe to travel now blah, blah, blah.  This is simply planning for something when things are safer.

For those of you who have used them or know someone who has, thanks in advance for your comments.

Honored Contributor

Can't really help you since I've never heard of them and we've done a lot of traveling.  I'm always leery of "cheap" prices.  The website is not very informative.  I'll be curious to see if anyone has used them.

Respected Contributor

I’ve never heard of Exoticca Tours and don’t know anyone who has used them.  But if you don’t get any answers from people who have used this company, I would suggest checking with a reputable travel agent for their advice about this company before booking.   Also Trip Advisor has some reviews. The latest reviews are of course from people whose bookings were cancelled due to the virus and they are complaining about trying to get a refund.  I’m thinking some of these travel companies might not make it through this long break in travel. 

Esteemed Contributor

Haven't  been with this company but have taken a couple of extremely cheap trips (about 5 years ago we travelled with Sinerama to China for two weeks, all inclusive, great hotels, 5 flights, all meals for $1500 each-- company now out of business).  Sometimes these trips/ companies are subsidized by national governments to promote tourism.

Esteemed Contributor
Another person who have never heard of them but, in addition to Trip Advisor as previously suggested, I like to look at a company’s social media pages. Are they a new company? Looks like their Facebook page was created late 2018 (also says the page manager is in Spain, but I guess that may be meaningless.) No posts since end of March and lots of angry people. Otherwise, Facebook page looks legit with a pretty big number of followers. I’m just a little concerned about their lack of any recent postings and, without digging any deeper, how young they may be given how unstable the industry is now.
Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes tours with good prices aren't such a good deal.

Check exactly where the hotels are.  Far away from the sights means you have to get your own transportation.

What meals are included.  This can add up.

If there are too many free days, can you fill them?

Optional excursions?

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

Have any of you who have traveled with tour groups ever used Exotica tours?  A friend sent me a link for a possible future trip.  Their prices sound great.  I looked at a few reviews and they sound good also, but I'd like to get some opinions if any of you have used them in the past.

Really don't want to get into the whole it's not safe to travel now blah, blah, blah.  This is simply planning for something when things are safer.

For those of you who have used them or know someone who has, thanks in advance for your comments.

@Travone @I'm not certain it is the same company, but there are reviews about EXOTICCA Tours on Trip Advisor. Try reading the reviews.