Respected Contributor

Has anyone entered Canada by air in the last few weeks?

Did you have NEXUS or ArriveCAN?

Travel advisory says you can be randonly selected for testing?

New Contributor

@granddi My DH & I just returned yesterday from a one week trip to Alberta Canada. We flew into & out of Calgary International Airport. We used ArriveCan. Downloaded the app to my phone. It's self-explanatory & very easy to use. When we checked in for our flight TO Canada, we had to show our passport, vaccination certificate & ArriveCan receipt. Although it says they can do random testing, we didn't notice anyone being pulled. (Please note that Canada still requires masks in their airports.)

For the return flight to U.S., proof of a negative Covid test taken within 1 day of your flight is required. Our hotel had an arrangement with  a local mobile testing lab. You made an appointment on the lab's website (& paid online). A technician came to the hotel, administered the test & provided the necessary form. (Fortunately, we both tested negative!). Kinda pricey; about $50 per person. I understand you could also get the test done at the airport (at a lesser fee), but we wanted the assurance of knowing ahead of time that we were clear.

We had a great trip. Hope you do as well. Let me know if I can answer anything else!