Honored Contributor

Re: Don't head to Florida to get warm!!!

@SANNA wrote:

It’s global freezing !!! Guess I am going to retire in NJ.

@SANNA When I hear about all the really cold places our posters live in, I often think that they would like to have a taste of the "global warming" so many newscasters talk about. ha!

It seems to be unusually cold this year for the east coast. The utilities bill must be skyrocketing for them Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

@SANNA When I hear about all the really cold places our posters live in, I often think that they would like to have a taste of the "global warming" so many newscasters talk about. ha!

It seems to be unusually cold this year for the east coast. The utilities bill must be skyrocketing for them Smiley Sad

I am one of them. We are freezing here in NJ . I keep my house on 74F and it still feels 😫😫😫😫😫. Cannot even look outside.... Now it is super depressing after my trip to DR.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

@SANNA

I retired to a very nice full-service island quite near NJ.  It's called Manhattan!   You don't have to go out in the cold.   Everybody delivers!  Woman LOL

I used to live in NYC and I love NJ soooo much better! Everything delivers here too. I go back to Manhattan only to visit my mother and for cultural events ( theater or museums),otherwise i do not miss it at all.

Esteemed Contributor

We’ve had at least 14 straight days of temps below 20. At some point, as long as the wind doesn’t blow, it starts to not feel bad. According to my car’s thermometer, it’s 24 today and it feels great!! Haha

Saw people walk into Panera holding their coats instead of wearing them. Supposed to be mid 40’s on Wednesday. People will be in shorts!!

Of course, after a hot summer, the minute it starts to get a little cool, I’m looking for my jacket! Funny how that works.
Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@BalletBabe

This week might not be the best one to visit us in Florida if you are looking for warm weather - but I am loving it! What a delightful thing to shiver from the cold and actually need a blanket on my bed, a throw over my legs, and a little bit of heat on!

It will be gone soon and we’ll be hot and humid again for months. 

@willdob3   I love the hot weather !!   I ahte this weather now.   Losoong a lot of plants that I have never lost before     waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa