Respected Contributor

Re: Domestic Airplanes Flying Almost Empty??

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Reever wrote:

Ive been begging people for weeks including a dear friend to avoid flying in these metallic germ incubators. The stale air is conducive to the common cold nonetheless something as potent as the Corona.

@Reever :  Have you actually be on a plane to verify this?  Now you should be happy, most flights have been cancelled.  Where is your evidence?

@Hoovermom :

She clearly never bothered to read the article that I provided, written by an airline pilot, that explains quite clearly and in layman's terms how air is filtered and exchanged within the cabin. Willful, deliberate ignorance.

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Reever wrote:

Ive been begging people for weeks including a dear friend to avoid flying in these metallic germ incubators. The stale air is conducive to the common cold nonetheless something as potent as the Corona.

@Reever :  Have you actually be on a plane to verify this?  Now you should be happy, most flights have been cancelled.  Where is your evidence?

@Hoovermom :

She clearly never bothered to read the article that I provided, written by an airline pilot, that explains quite clearly and in layman's terms how air is filtered and exchanged within the cabin. Willful, deliberate ignorance.

@FrostyBabe1 :  She seems to be on a personal mission.  I flew recently (not going to say because of the plane monitors (LOL).  I asked as I entered the plane about the video I had seen of the CEO outlining the new cleaning/sanitizing procedures.  They said "yes, at 6:30 a.m., they came and sanitized this plane".  It was a great experience with our individual "pods".

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie 

on SW if the same flight same date is reduced they will issue you a credit for the difference.  I've done this by rebooking as they do not charge rebooking fees.

and @Mmsfoxxie -

You can change as many times as you want every time you see a reduced fare. No penalty ever on SW!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay, when I called to cancel my April flight, I was told that I could only get a credit for a year starting from the day I booked.  I booked in February, 2020 so she said I have until 2021 to use it.  It's because I booked 'Wanna Get Away' which is supposed to be a good price and guaranteed in section A.  I was told I can't e tend beyond that date.

I was going to Vegas for my grandbaby's first birthday.  She has medical issues so with this virus going on, I didn't want to go and possibly expose her.  I can go in August when my other granddaughter has a bd but if this versus is still around, I still can't fly there.

I really don't even want to fly anyplace right now.  I'm hoping that SW will give me a refund if I book in rebook in August but THEY cancel my flight.  If Vegas is on lockdown, nobody wants to go there.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie -

Yes, you're right, it is only a credit toward a flight taken within a year of booking(I thought it was when you cancelled but you are probably right)

I have to fly a lot to see the other half of my family.

I doubt they will refund money (unless they cancel) but hopefully you will be able to go in August.

Everything is so up in the air with how to decide isn't it?

And like you, I worry that even if I don't have anything now, if I get on a plane and get the virus and then give it to family I visit, well, I get it.

So for now, like you, I'm just not going anywhere. better we all just stay put and facetime, email, text, call when we can.

Happy Birthday to your granddaughter's first birthday!

That is a special one isn't it?Heart

Course they all are special birthdays.

I like to celebrate them all year longSmiley Happy!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My granddaughter flew from college in Ohio , to home in Los Angrles area 2weeks ago . There were 15 on plane!  flights were70 bucks one way?  she said they all were able to keep special distance, airport I was bare.

i flew a while back.. Feb 23, when virus first broke here .  I flew out of San Jose airport to Burbank  there were less tan 50 people.  There was hardly anyone in airport.  I walked from check-in  all theway thru security, took 7 minutes  San Jose is a huge international airport.

Honored Contributor

i heard that airlines are extending rescheduling to 18 months.

Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

Pecky at this point it is irresponsible to have any domestic aircraft in the air. We need to be on lockdown. Im shocked that the Government has not stepped in and halted air traffic to prevent the spread from the "hot spots" to areas not hard hit.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

Pecky at this point it is irresponsible to have any domestic aircraft in the air. We need to be on lockdown. Im shocked that the Government has not stepped in and halted air traffic to prevent the spread from the "hot spots" to areas not hard hit.

So you'd be okay with not getting your groceries? Medicine? Mail? Because passenger aircraft carry all of those as cargo, along with passenger bags. Not to mention that there are people who NEED  to travel as their jobs are deemed to be critical and flying is the most expedient way to do that. And then there are the medical volunteers who are flying in to hot spots to help out. Delta airlines is giving them free rides if they're going to Georgia, Louisiana or Michigan. That will be expanded as needed. You want to stop people from volunteering to help save lives because you're afraid? No one is going to make you get on an airplane, but they need to keep flying for those who NEED them.

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I'd say that is a good thing. So many virus cases in our state are traced back to travel. The local news teams stipulate out of state travel in nearly every broadcast.