Honored Contributor

Re: Do you use a special passport holder

Never -  it would have been just more more something to carry.   For my trips I always carried one nylon handbag with a pocket good for stashing my papers-  and a copy of everything important in my carry-on.

Esteemed Contributor

I always keep my passport in an RFID safe crossbody.   When I travel the crossbody is inside my backpack which I also use for a folder with travel documents, reading materials, etc.    I also have an RFID passport organizer that I had purchased from LL Bean.   I use that also depending on the trip.

Honored Contributor

yes, i have a leather passport holder with some other slots for cash, other id, credit cards.

i also have a passport card that i keep in a spot separate from my passport.

thanks for the tip......good idea to make copies of them. i really never thought of doing that!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Franklinbell : You go to Post Office and apply for it ( I believe its $110).

Trusted Contributor

I have a simple sleeve that is RFID protected.  I got it on Amazon.  It's not fancy; it's kind of like thick paper.  It's not bulky at all.  My vaccine care is laminated and does not fit in the same case.  I wish it did.

Respected Contributor

@patbz @Thank you!

Contributor

I bought passport covers that hold a passport and a slot for a vax card for myself and my husband on Amazon.  The one thing I did that I am really happy about is that I bought a blue one for him and a pink one for me.....easy to identify since I am usually the keeper of the docs.Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

No.  I tuck it into a compartment on my hand bag that is always with me.  Anything more adds bulk and weight.  I put all my travel documents that I print out in a paper folder, the kind you used in school, and tuck that in my carry on too.  If I have any tickets for things, or itineraries, I print them at home on my printer so I have them handy.  I don't want to risk a lost of stolen phone and I like to have paper copies of things.

Respected Contributor

i use a money belt i got from Amazon. my passport fits in the back mesh sleeve.  i'm not sure i'd place my passport copies in a bag.  when i go thru TSA it has to go in the bins. i hate that.  is there any way to avoid this?

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't traveled overseas for several years. In the past, my husband and I went to Europe, usually France. I carried a special wallet that held my passport and a little local money. A couple of months ago, I checked the wallet to see when my passport expires. I found cards and addresses of people I had met...nice memories. I also found euros, Canadian and American dollars, and Swiss francs. I guess I was ready to go almost anywhere (LOL).