Honored Contributor

Re: Disney World with Service Dog

@Fiero Woman  I've never been to Disney so I have nothing of value to add.  That said, I hope that you and Kai have a lovely time when you go.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

@Bird mamaWish we could meet there and have a Dole Whip, the absolutely best thing of all Disney.  Yummmm

Valued Contributor

Dole Whip says it all.  

Valued Contributor

@GingerPeachThanks so much, Kai will muddle thru.  

Honored Contributor

@Fiero Woman

I have no doubts in Kai's ability.  He sounds like a real champion who will take good care of you - and vice versa!  

My best wishes for a simply wonderful time together.  

I didn't mention earlier that I think a dachshund face is one of the cuter dog faces of all.  You can tell lots is going on behind the cuteness.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

We are prechecked in and ready to go in less than two weeks.  Thanks you all for your support.Kai

Valued Contributor

@Fiero Woman

Your Disney trip sounds wonderful!

I was in New Orleans in February.  I visited the WW II museum and spotted a very cute service dog with his veteran soldier. The little dog was in a stroller with the back down in comfy bed style. He looked very comfortable and safe. Down on the floor he could have been stepped on by other touring folks looking up not down.

Disney has a lot of cement walkways and I would be concerned about dog’s paws with hot cement. ?? You might call with questions and services for you and your sweet dog.

I grew up with a solid black mini schnauzer, loved that dog to pieces.

Have great trip and do report in when you can.

Keep Calm and Travel On,  CAT

Esteemed Contributor

@Fiero Woman wrote:

@Kachina624  Asking that question is rather forward and brash; however, Kai serves two and actually more purposes - I have PTSD and a fear of crowds so he knows the signals when I begin to panic and have an attack and carries my meds (he knows before me)  and I have a seizure disorder and he wears a collar with a button he can get to and use for assistance.  Why do you want to know?  These issues came from a severe fall at Disney with severe head trauma.  I am proud of him, he was over 2 years in complete training.  Wow

why would you go to Disney if you have a fear of crowds!!

Contributor

@nana59  Before my husband's death of Agent Orange, we would go at least every 2 to 3 weeks to Disney.  We had Annual Passes.  What fun we had.  Even living in Kentucky, we had annual passes to come when we wanted.  My father spent many years building many of the attractions, my favorite, Swiss Family Robin Treehouse in Magic.  I have my service dog to help me overcome crowds, it is what he does  I can't let myself become a recluse because I have PTSD, fear of crowds.  I love Disney, living 45 miles away, I want to relive many of the memories.  I choose Epcot because of the small amount of crowds, spacious and many places where you can be comfortable.  

Honored Contributor

Curious how does a dog overcome a persons fear of crowds, that a human (companion/rx/therapy) cant?