Esteemed Contributor

I doubt Disney World still be in business if it stays closed until August...

Trusted Contributor
Speaking as a fairly new resident of FL, it’s evident that there should be no large crowd activities in this state, whether beaches, theme parks, cruises etc. until a vaccine has been developed and widely distributed. Many residents and tourists continue ignoring CDC guidelines in their quest for “entertainment”. Come on down and enjoy the sunshine state in 2022.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Trusted Contributor
You are a wise grandmother. Stay well.
Esteemed Contributor

34DA5206-A27E-482C-9EDB-C6647BECE2B3.jpeg

Confession: I didn't get this at first.  It's funny when you get it.  LOL

But, seriously, WDW going out of business is not something I'm worried about.  

Esteemed Contributor

Never before would I have thought of a Disney bankruptcy but they are losing a billion dollars a month, worldwide.  The one thing that is now helping their bottom line is their streaming network, which is doing gangbusters (my grands have it on several hours daily).

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Never before would I have thought of a Disney bankruptcy but they are losing a billion dollars a month, worldwide.  The one thing that is now helping their bottom line is their streaming network, which is doing gangbusters (my grands have it on several hours daily).

No one needs Disney World and if they open and someone catches the virus there I would think they would be held liable in court.  Simply too risky to open up until 2021 in my opinion. Florida residents dont need infected tourists bringing the virus with them.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@patbz wrote:

No one needs Disney World and if they open and someone catches the virus there I would think they would be held liable in court.  Simply too risky to open up until 2021 in my opinion. Florida residents dont need infected tourists bringing the virus with them.

Maybe they will call you for advice.  Disney World is a great place for a vacation for lots of families.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Disney Florida

[ Edited ]

Maybe "rumor" but our family had plans to do reunion in late October at DisneyWorld.  We had decided it was not safe enough to take kids but adults could decide.

The person who booked our reservation thru a Disney rep was told reservations were most likely going to be cancelled.  She stated Disney will plan to re-open in 2021.

Seems reasonable as I honestly wonder how the logistics could be worked out & believe me there would be no social distancing no matter how hard they tried to enforce it.

I'm sure they'll get a bailout.

Personally, I really had no desire to visit there after last visit -- it's no longer "the happiest place on earth" more like one big cash register with rude people everywhere 🙄.  Or its me--been so many times I would like to go to StarWars but not that important.

Honored Contributor

We renewed our passholders a few months ago, cancelled our April trip, rescheduled for June 21st and also have reservations for Halloween plus our Mickey's not so scary party on Halloween... we were just talking this morning that in order to keep everything safe and etc for all the parks, it's almost impossible for them to keep up, how to manage people with their fast passes and only allowing a certain amount of people in the parks.

We don't believe they'll be opening anytime soon- even soft openings are going to be hard to manage, fast passes, passholders, families wanting in. 

What a mess..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee