Honored Contributor

Did anyone see Dr. Joseph Fair in a hospital bed?

He's the really nice guy NBC has used as their on-air virologist.  He thinks he contraced virus through his eyes on a plane.  Really makes you think.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Did anyone see Dr. Joseph Fair in a hospital bed?

I may be wrong, but I'm thinking he was recently discharged from the hospital. What a nice man, he said he was so careful but, as you described, he thought he'd gotten it in his eyes.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I saw him several days ago from his hospital bed.  It seems he booked a flight, expecting there would be social distancing.  I guess there was not, and people were really packed in.  He said he took his normal precautions, but suspects he contracted the virus through his eyes.  He also said he regretted not leaving the plane once he saw the seating situation.  He was on oxygen when he was shown on air, and it seems he would be ok without the worst happening

Regular Contributor

I saw him, seemed like a drama king, also tested negative 4 times for Covid.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ollie5    Seriously?  Yeah, it's pretty dramatic when you're lying in a hospital bed, on oxygen, recovering from what could have been fatal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I saw Dr Fair in his hospital bed. Covid-19 can be life threateningly dangerous. If a patient, even a virologist, is ill enough for his doctor to hospitalize him, I assume it's serious. Coronavirus couldn't care less whether someone is Republican, Democrat, or Independent. It doesn't care whether you watch Fox or MSNBC. It's worth remembering that serious diseases, especially pandemics, should not be politicized.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ollie5 wrote:

======================================

If watching Dr. Fair made you think he was a "drama queen", I am stunned.  He was working with the WHO in Africa when the virus hit in February.   And what have you done this spring?

Valued Contributor

@ollie5 wrote:

I hope you feel the same way if God forbid it's  ever you in that hospital bed.

People with no empathy for others never care when others get sick.

Super Contributor

he is now home, on oxygen, doing pretty well. wonderful long interview today by Nicolle Wallace. he gave a lot of info. looks like he's still under the weather, but hopes to be back on the air soon.

possible that one of the later shows today (MSNBC) will re-show all or part of Nicolle's interview. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bless his heart! With the seriousness of this devastating virus, it's always distressing to learn of anyone contracting it. He's blessed to be on the road to recoverY, and I welcome the news of other success stories!

As always, my thoughts and prayers of solace and healing are with EVERYONE affected, and the loved ones that must endure the battle alongside them.🙏🙏❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖