Respected Contributor

Describe you recent travel safety precautions

I'm curious about the safety precautions that you have taken in order to do a little travel.

It does not seem like it is worth the effort other than just a change in scenery or climate. 

We traveled for business about 150 miles away and stayed overnight. We made sure we had a microwave and frig because we got take out and ate in the hotel. We took wipes and the room surfaces. 

After this limited experience, what would be the point of a road trip to anywhere. It was even worrysome to use public restroom during gas stops. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Describe you recent travel safety precautions

[ Edited ]

Travel now is too much work and frustration providing little to no enjoyment. 

I've decided to enjoy my home and surroundings more and not travel for at least a year.

Respected Contributor

We cancelled ALL of our trips.  We were concerned about everything involved regarding travel.

Respected Contributor

We are not traveling in the near future, at least thru the end of 2020 and probably well into 2021.  When we eventually do travel, I'd like to go see my Mom.

Honored Contributor

We love to travel but we've cancelled several trips including a cruise in January.  We're hoping to do the cruise we have booked for October 2021!  As others have said, it would be difficult to enjoy any travel with all the precautions that need to be taken.

Honored Contributor

Staying local going to a resort hotel 40 miles away with strict Covid procedures

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

My husband and I only travel to our summer place since COVID.  We go boating everyday and pretty much keep to ourselves.

We also are RVers.  When we travel, we stay in our own clean place.  I hate dirty hotels and get the skivvies thinking about sleeping on a bed and sitting on upholstered furniture and walking on carpet that has dander and dirt from probably hundreds of people.

Even though we take our accommodations with us when we travel, we have decided not to go to the beach this fall or to go to Florida this winter because of COVID.

I have noticed that the sales of RV's are up.  I suppose more people have discovered a safer way to travel.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We took a two night (20 hr) round trip to return grands to CA first weekend in August.  We stayed at two hotels with no problems. First hotel we dined outside for dinner and got grab n go breakfast, second night we skipped our usual stay in Laughlin (would of had to do a lot of walking dining inside hotel and opted instead for new to us hotel in Flagstaff ( outside individual room entrance) and had our first inside dining in five months at upscale Shushi restaurant (everyone masked, distanced, with high ceilings, good circulation). We made minimum rest tops and only used credit cards, also took lots of snacks.  We all survived (it's been 14 days). Two weeks earlier we took grands to Petrified Forest and briefly went to gift shop (other interior exhibits were closed). This was a daytrip.  No more travel plans in foreseeable future.

Esteemed Contributor

We also have canceled trips for this year.  We did however go to a bed and breakfast that we have frequented for years on Cape Cod.  The drive isn't far at all, a little over an hour or so.   They followed protocol to our satisfactory and we were pleased with our stay as always.   We didn't do much except go to the beach one day and sit by the pool the next.

We had a couple of very nice dinners in restaurants we have also frequented over the years.   It was all good, it was just a few days and a nice way to celebrate our anniversary in late July.    I don't mind being home but have to say the change of scenery was lovely Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

We cancelled all of our travel plans. The extent of our excursions are outside dining,visiting a few Covid conscious family & friends & our backyard.😢