Honored Contributor

deposit paid, check; going to where my heart sings and my soul feels most at home, priceless!!  YES!! AFRICA!!  Trip isn't until next year but thats ok, because I know I am going back to AFRICA!  WAHOOOO!  This time it'll be Kenya and Tanzania.

A friend was teasing me and asking if I was going to start packing this weekend. LOL

So excited.  Have been wanting to go back for a long time now.

Esteemed Contributor
Hurray!! I can’t remember - were you going in August?
Esteemed Contributor

Have a great time, what a wonderful trip!  I hope to have a chance to visit some day.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL  You have a right to be excited and you have something to look forward to.

My two daughters travel (with their families) extensively all over the world.  I think they got the bug from my late husband as he'd take us traveling a lot too.

Anyway, the youngest spent time in Africa when her friend was working to eradicate disease there.  My daughter stayed on huts in the Nile and killed and ate Turkey, etc.  The group she was with were from various countries.  It was something she still talks about.

You are lucky but I'll bet you work hard so you will have something to look forward to.  I applaud you for achieving something you really want.

Please make sure to remember us here when you get back and tell us about your experience.  We'd all love to hear about your travels.  Annabellethecat.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL I know how much you love Africa. Most of us who have gone have come back saying we felt we left a piece of us there and always long to go back.

Enjoy this time of anticipation! Kenya and Tanzania are both wonderful places.

I believe you said you would be going during the migration in the Serengeti, so that is wonderful that you will see thousands and thousands of animals.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego  My trip is in 2020.  I asked to be there on my birthday so will leave July 24, 2020 returning August 15, 2020.  My birthday is in the beginning of August.  It seems like forever now but as we all know, time does pass faster than we think.

@Annabellethecat66  thank you for such a sweet post.  

@World Traveler 

Yes you and I have talked about Africa many times so you do know how long I have been wanting to return.  It is a very special place for me.  I will be there at the end of July to mid-August of 2020 so hoping my timing is good to see some of the migration.