Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cruising - Per CDC 1/2022

CDC hasn't been reliable or non political for a long time now IMO. So I and many others don't use them as a guide. Cruise ship are still cruising, ports are still open, people living life and enjoying coming home unpacking their memories of a lifetime. If you feel unsafe don't go. Easy as that.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Super Contributor

We planned an extended family cruise for October 2022 and we did it BEFORE omicron hit and now I'm not sure what we are going to do.  I keep hoping maybe by then things will be better.  I'm hopeful but don't want to be foolish either.  

Respected Contributor

We are leaving for a cruise this week-end and am so excited as we upgraded to the Haven.  I had read reviews of people on this ship the past two weeks, and they had some really good tips.  Seems like the ship has about 1/3 capacity so no crowded anything.  

Honored Contributor

I won't be going on any cruise Covid or not. I don't like cruises at all except for River cruises in Europe. Go if you believe the warnings are all nonsense or don't if you're worried or nervous about going. 

Honored Contributor

Yeah common sense should prevail but it's not.  Common sense should tell people a lot of the mandates, etc. don't make sense but so many just keep following along and disregarding all of the nonsensical things coming out of the CDC including studies that even those without a medical background can tell are flawed.  The CDC has become way too political.

It's funny that the CDC put this out yet lifted all the protocols on the cruise industry and made all the previous mandates they had in place on the cruise lines voluntary. 

What they are also failing to say is that the overall positivity rate across the board on all cruise ships has been .19%.  Under 1% but people are losing their minds, in part because they look at the click-bait headlines put out by the media and don't bother to look further.  Or they listen to newscasters talking about this and it doesn't dawn on them that the full story isn't being given.      

Respected Contributor

I spent many months debating whether or not to go on a long -planned cruise, especially since Omicron hit our area so ferociously in January.  Well, the February trip went very well.  So few cruisers I saw fewer people than when I go to Wal-Mart or church.  Furthermore people were very polite in adhering to mask rules, hand-washing, space, etc.  I felt quite safe.  Downside was it was a pain remembering to out on mask to GeT up from table, leave the room, etc.  Also restrictions on personal travel were not allowed.  Personal service lovely.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew  and @Lipstickdiva 

EXACTLY!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.