Esteemed Contributor

Cruise from Boston to Canada

Looking for advice from anyone who has taken the 12-15 day cruise.  What tours to take.  What to see and what to avoid.  Going in early October. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cruise from Boston to Canada

Where is Canada is it going, I went on a wek cruise from NYC to Canada and it was fine, 12-15 days seems like a very long time

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree about the 12-15 days. If it was maybe 4 or 5 it might be fun and enjoyable. I've been to Boston, Maine,  and New Brunswick. Some nice places and things to do and see. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu  We did the 10-day from Baltimore to Halifax.  We did a full-day tour that included the military museum (even I found that interesting), the Titanic exhibit, lunch on the waterfront, and then on to Peggy's Cove.  

If you like to cook, since you will be in Boston (our cruise did not stop there), I know that ATK and Milk Street have things going on and your cruise might have one of them as an option.

If you want to see the reverse rapids, don't take the train tour.  It was a waste of money and one that the cruise line refunded to us.  You can easily walk it.

The cruise terminal at St. John's had a group of vendors and we really liked some of the things that they had.

If you stop in Bar Harbor, go to Acadia.  We did a carriage ride there and those horses live the life.  Then, head over to the West Street Cafe for their lunch special.

Most important, relax, eat lots of lobster, and enjoy the cruise.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

At that time of year, isn’t the focus on changing color of leaves? I’ve wondered how much of that can actually be seen from the ship.
Esteemed Contributor

@Kindaglitzy :  You basically take the ship from port to port (the ports are where the leaves are).

Respected Contributor

I took a 7 day cruise from NY to Canada. It was wonderful. We made many stops where we took excursions to see the beauty of the changing leaves and nature. We only took the cruise one way to Quebec and spent a few days there. It's a beautiful city. We then flew home since the return trip included the stops we had already seen. 

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Frequent Contributor

Last  year I took the Holland American cruise from Montreal, around Nova Scotia, and ended up in Boston. Nice trip. The service on the cruise was outstanding, the food good and staff superb. The stops along the way are small towns, exept Halifax that is a large and beautiful city. The ship will have prepared excursions at each stop, they are optional and extra, but since the towns are small, you can walk around. They also have tours for hire in the parking lot where the ship docks.

Hopefully you will have good weather, as it can be rough. Our ship could not dock in one of the cities because of rough seas and very windy, that was one lousy day.

Enjoy it!