Respected Contributor

Will be going to Charleston SC in a few months.  Do not plan on renting a car.  What is the best way to get from the airport to the historic center and back?

Thanks in Advance.

Esteemed Contributor

When I've met my DD in Charleston, she has taken a taxi to and from the airport. Maybe some of the hotels have shuttles? Not sure about that, but the taxi worked well for her.

Honored Contributor

@Travone I don't recall what the whole thread said, but there was a prior discussion about Charleston, SC, that was commented on the last time in May. If you don't get your answers here, perhaps reviewing that other thread on this forum about the same place will give you some insight. Heart

Respected Contributor

You can take a taxi or Uber.  Uber will be less expensive.

Respected Contributor

I was hoping they had some shared shuttle service or bus service into town.

Esteemed Contributor

@Travone - are you staying at a hotel in Charleston - if so, call the hotel and ask if they have shuttle service.

Respected Contributor

Re: Charleston SC

[ Edited ]

@Travone

You will love Charleston.  The epitome of old Southern grace and charm.........and, much safer than Savannah, Ga.  You are not going to want to leave. 

Esteemed Contributor

Be prepared for the heat & humidity - 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that checking with the hotel about a shuttle service would be a good idea.

While in the historic district, I enjoyed taking a trolley tour the first time I was there.  So nice to have a guide share the historic tidbits and let someone else do the driving.