Honored Contributor

Carnival Sunshine to begin out of Charleston

[ Edited ]

I have a friend that is a travel agent and she posted last night that beginning in May, 2019, Carnival Sunshine will begin sailing out of Charleston, South Carolina. 

Right now that ship sales to Bahamas, Bermuda, Caribbean and Cuba out of Port Canaveral.  I'm not sure if the itinerary will remain the same. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Carnival starting cruises out of South Carolina

Interesting I thought that Charleston was one of their ports of departure for a while. I have cruised a lot and Carnival was unfortunately one of our worst cruises, disliked everything from the ship layout to the food to the passengers

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I hate to see that.  Those cruise ships really mess up a beautiful peaceful city. 

Honored Contributor

DH wants to go on a cruise. He will have to go by himself or find somebody else to go with him. I have no desire to be on a cruise ship out in the middle of the ocean. Talk about Anxiety. I would totally freak out.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure of the Cruise Line, but I do see the ships in the harbor. And, my neighbor has sailed out of Charleston a couple of times.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

Interesting I thought that Charleston was one of their ports of departure for a while. I have cruised a lot and Carnival was unfortunately one of our worst cruises, disliked everything from the ship layout to the food to the passengers

@I am still oxox, I believe Carnival Ecstasy sails out of there now but it's a smaller ship. 

I edited my title to be more clear.

Honored Contributor

@NightowlzI'm not enough of a beach person to want to go on a Caribean cruise, but I have really enjoyed the river cruises I've made probably because I could see the shoreline as we sailed along but also because every port we stopped in offered a chance to walk into a city and see some history and/or shop.  I tend to motion sickness -  only once for less than an hour did I feel at all queasy.

The river cruisers I've encountered tended to be interesting and while I like living in the general population, I was happy that there were no kids on any of my river cruisers.  Although I don't know that kids are not welcome on the small ships, the ones I was on definitely do not cater to them in any way.

Maybe for you and DH?

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@NightowlzI'm not enough of a beach person to want to go on a Caribean cruise, but I have really enjoyed the river cruises I've made probably because I could see the shoreline as we sailed along but also because every port we stopped in offered a chance to walk into a city and see some history and/or shop.  I tend to motion sickness -  only once for less than an hour did I feel at all queasy.

The river cruisers I've encountered tended to be interesting and while I like living in the general population, I was happy that there were no kids on any of my river cruisers.  Although I don't know that kids are not welcome on the small ships, the ones I was on definitely do not cater to them in any way.

Maybe for you and DH?

@millieshops

That does sound like fun. I still prefer to keep my feet on the ground. 

I would have to take Dramamine for motion sickness. We don't fly either. Have not been on an airplane since 1978 or 1979. Now I have anxiety & don't like to be in the car either. I want to go back to Fl to see my sisters but I don't want to fly or drive there? Used to go every yr or every other yr. Have not been in 3-4 yrs now since last time I had an anxiety attack in the car. That has never happened before so don't know why it's happening now.