Occasional Contributor
Any suggestions for a home or cottage on the beach to rent for a week? Want to be as close to the beach as possible.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Cape Cod vacation next year

I'm from Massachusetts and there was a story on the local news about rentals on the Cape...they are being rented at a record pace this year. They also mentioned that renters were renting for two weeks to a month as so many folks can work from home.

Lots of homes that were once rentals have been sold as it's such a sellers market and the new buyers are not renting them out.

The outer Cape on the ocean side has the most beautiful beaches. Good luck in your search.

Respected Contributor

@AuntieSuzieQVC wrote:

I'm from Massachusetts and there was a story on the local news about rentals on the Cape...they are being rented at a record pace this year. They also mentioned that renters were renting for two weeks to a month as so many folks can work from home.

Lots of homes that were once rentals have been sold as it's such a sellers market and the new buyers are not renting them out.

The outer Cape on the ocean side has the most beautiful beaches. Good luck in your search.

The majority of rentals are already booked for July and August. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Super Contributor

It was just on the news that the cape is booked. Seems people grabbed extra weeks cuz they can work remote. Ya. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

I am from Massachusetts and yes, Cape Cod is beautiful but I would head to Maine. 

Honored Contributor

Been to both, Bar Harbor Maine is the place to be, just lovely !!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Bertha19  Try the town of Truro, they have hotel's right on the beach.  You better check soon though as they are booking up quickly.  This summer is going to be extremely busy everywhere as people just want to get away.   There are also lots of quaint b&b's out there, though they are not right on the beach but many are not far, sometimes walking distance.

Regular Contributor

I am vacationing on Cape Cod this summer and have booked a rental home in Hyannis.  We can walk to the beach in less than 5 minutes and downtown Hyannis in about 15. I suggest using we.need.a.vacation dot com to look for places to stay.  You can input your requirements regarding number of bedrooms, location to beach etc. 

I've used this site for a few years and have had no issues.

We like the mid-cape area but you really can't go wrong no matter where you go.

I've also heard that homes have booked up pretty quickly so good luck in your search and enjoy your vacation.