Valued Contributor

Can anyone recommend a clean hotel on I-75 south of Atlanta?

Heading to Florida at the end of February and want to find a clean, reasonably priced hotel south of Atlanta on I-75. Only staying the night, so fancy isn't required. I am looking for a place that has restaurants within a block. After driving 9-10 hours I don't want to drive after check-in. I know I can use all the internet sites, but was looking for personal experience. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Can anyone recommend a clean hotel on I-75 south of Atlanta?

@Marybella wrote:

Heading to Florida at the end of February and want to find a clean, reasonably priced hotel south of Atlanta on I-75. Only staying the night, so fancy isn't required. I am looking for a place that has restaurants within a block. After driving 9-10 hours I don't want to drive after check-in. I know I can use all the internet sites, but was looking for personal experience. Thanks!

I can't, but we usually stay at Hilton Garden Inns (or the Holiday Inn equivalent) they are very consistent, free breakfast and wifi etc , perfect for a 1 night stay 

Honored Contributor

We usually stay overnite in Savannah on our road trips to FL. We like only hotels that include breakfast, saves time and money. We like Fairfield Inn, Springfield Suites, Comfort Suites, Best Westerns, Hampton Inn. Look for places online, then look them up on Trip Advisor website for reviews. We book right thru the hotel site, usually good deals there such as Sr discounts, AAA discounts. No breakfast included at Hilton Garden. 

Honored Contributor

We usually stay at a Marriott in Macon. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

A friend who lives near us in North Atlanta, often stops in Valdosta, Georgia on the way to Florida.  It is four hours away from us.  In fact, he was there last week, and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn.  They have a restaurant onsite, but a mall is close by too.  He said it was very nice.

Upon reading your post again, I have an alternate suggestion:  if you are traveling 9-10 hours before reaching Atlanta and depending on the time that you arrive, you may want to stop on the outskirts of Atlanta, rather than arriving in rush hour traffic time.  If so, I would suggest stopping in Woodstock/Kennesaw/Marietta.

Esteemed Contributor

We stayed in Marietta GA last year - right off the highway. Stayed in a LaQuinta - clean and breakfast too.

Valued Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

We stayed in Marietta GA last year - right off the highway. Stayed in a LaQuinta - clean and breakfast too.

Thanks, but looking south of Atlanta. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Sorry, we have never stopped at a Hotel when we go to FL.   When we do go somewhere we are uncertain of lodging, we get the names of Hotels on Mapquest and then research their reviews,  

Enjoy your trip, and I hope it will be cool when you do get there (or bearable).  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

Sorry, we have never stopped at a Hotel when we go to FL.   When we do go somewhere we are uncertain of lodging, we get the names of Hotels on Mapquest and then research their reviews,  

Enjoy your trip, and I hope it will be cool when you do get there (or bearable).  Smiley Happy

We are driving from Upper Michigan in February, so it will be very comfortable when we get there. It's a three day drive, so we need to stop at a hotel along the way. The hotels I have checked out have varying reviews- from exceptional to dump ( the same place), so I was hoping to get personal experience recommendations. Thanks!

Valued Contributor

@Marybella  

I live in Georgia and am up and down I-75 on a regular basis.  McDonough,GA is a good place to consider spending  the night South of Atlanta,   I stayed in the area when traveling South from Tennessee one dark and stormy night and I needed shelter.

You might want to check out the  *Courtyard by Marriott* in McDonough,GA. It is just off I-75  and has excellent reviews.    

Another option might be the *Fairfield Inn and Suites* by Marriott in McDonough,GA, 

again showing excellent reviews and is just off i-75.   

Both are in relatively safe areas  (safety first of course)  and near food establishments.   

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT