Occasional Visitor

Can anyone suggest a place in the Pocono’s that rent cabins on the lakefront for fishing and scenery? I have no idea where to start looking!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Cabin in the Pocono’s?

Keene Lake 

Respected Contributor

@MsMagoo

Best to check with the Pocono Mountain. hammer of Commerce....they may also send you brochures and a set of coupons.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@MsMagoo

Best to check with the Pocono Mountain. Chamber of Commerce....they may also send you brochures and a set of coupons.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

I don’t know anything about the Pocono Mountains but I wondered if you checked on vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owner)?  You can enter the Pocono Mountains as your location and choose the dates and several lakeside rentals come up. They include reviews of the properties. 

Super Contributor

I do hope you're planning on renting a cabin in July or August. It's still a little cold here.  The lakes just thawed.  I live in the poconos. Snow is predicted for tonite and tomorrow morning. Ugg. Again. 

July is the best month here. Believe it or not, August can start to get a little cooler. Summers in the poconos are the best. So is the fall. The foliage is second to none. Winter is nice If you like winter sports. 

Spring is iffy. Although yesterday was a beautiful day, snow can and does still happen. And with the spring thaw, comes lots of mud. But the months of May and June are ok. 

Good luck in finding a cabin on the lake to rent. Sorry I can't help you there, but google cabins for rent in the poconos. That should bring up something helpful.