Respected Contributor

Just booked a cruise to Cuba in December. Woo Hoo!!!!! 

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
QVC Customer Care

@reiki604 wrote:

@reiki604 Do you need a chaperone, a cabin mate, a tag -along or just an old bud to go with you?  Smiley Happy  

Melvin, Customer Care 

Respected Contributor

@Melvin-QVC wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

@reiki604 Do you need a chaperone, a cabin mate, a tag -along or just an old bud to go with you?  Smiley Happy  

Melvin, Customer Care 

LOL! Any and all of the above Melvin. The more the merrier.

Esteemed Contributor

@Melvin-QVC wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

Melvin, Customer Care 

I leave on 5/20 - Key West, Havana and Cozumel.  If mom can't make it, I'll give you a call!!  LOL

@reiki604 - if you are on cruise critic, ukbballfan just posted a short trip report from Royal Caribbean's first voyage to Havana.  He has some great photo's posted and, even if you aren't going on Royal, the info he posts may be useful.  

Can't believe I'm leaving so soon!!

Super Contributor

@reiki604 Have a fabulous time on your cruise! My brother and his GF visited about one month ago (on a cruise) and said the people of Cuba were lovely and welcoming.  They loved it so much that they are planning a return!

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

Friends of ours went a few years ago, not on a cruise, just by air direct to Cuba, back then they needed special Govt. permission to go, but they loved it.

Respected Contributor

This is the time I would want to go, while it is still "old" Cuba - I wouldn't want to see it when things start getting modernized.  Have great fun! 

Esteemed Contributor

When we reached Cuba on a Cruise.many,many yrs ago we were not allowed to get off the ship .All we could do was walk around the special market,that was right in front of ship and we had to be back in an hour  ........there were many securtiy  men with guns everywhere and it was very poor/scruffy looking  Smiley Sad

Enjoy your trip but be very careful of the off shore bars and places you may encounter.  Just practice awareness  Smiley Happy

That was a very long gime ago ,I  hope and  pray things have changed.

My advice is only to BE AWARE!

Enjoy your trip  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone for your good wishes. I'm going with a group from Road Scholar. I've just come back from New Orleans with them and they are wonderful coordinators of the trips. Every detail was thought of and dealt with. I recommend them very highly. We used to travel on our own, but found that we spend so much time planning, adjusting and getting around on our own, that we missed a lot of what was just there. This way all the details are taken care of and we can simply immerse ourselves in the culture and scenery. 

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

Thank you everyone for your good wishes. I'm going with a group from Road Scholar. I've just come back from New Orleans with them and they are wonderful coordinators of the trips. Every detail was thought of and dealt with. I recommend them very highly. We used to travel on our own, but found that we spend so much time planning, adjusting and getting around on our own, that we missed a lot of what was just there. This way all the details are taken care of and we can simply immerse ourselves in the culture and scenery. 

Exactly why I always use a Travel Agency when I travel.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif