Honored Contributor

CHERRY BLOSSOM FESTIVAL....anyone in town?

we have had such a crazy winter and some of the blossoms have not survived, especially since this last week of a cold snap. tomorrow it will be in the 70s! anyone in town and planning on seeing the blossoms and the area? here are some of the events going on for the next week or so. ENJOY THE BEAUTY!

http://patch.com/maryland/timonium/s/g2lcf/national-cherry-blossom-festival-extra-penn-line-cars-sch...

cherry blossoms.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Re: CHERRY BLOSSOM FESTIVAL....anyone in town?

@sunshine45 

DH had a business trip to DC a few weeks ago and the cherry blossoms were in bloom.  

He and his crew enjoyed eating out quite  often  in DC. 

He had supper at  *BRASSERIE BECK*  His entree was  OSSO BUCO  which is Italian Veal Shanks with veggies and potatoes.   Dessert was  Chocolate Hazelnute Tart.  

Another meal another night was at  *OLD EBBITT GRILL*  His entree was RAW  OYSTERS on the half shell. I think he is crazy I would not eat Raw Oysters NO WAY! He also had Pan Seared Chesapeak Bay Rockfish and Italian Black Rice. This place has been in operation since  1856 and is very very OLD.    

They went to another place called *LAURIOL PLAZA* an upscale Mexican Place.  DH had  *CEVICHE* which is Fish cooked with the acid of Lime Juice. He also had *LAMB FAJITAS* with the usual assortment of sides.  They split/shared dessert, *TRES LECHES CAKE*     

He stayed in the (HILTON)  Embassy Suites Hotel near the Convention Center in DC. They provide a nice breakfast and even a light cocktail/snacks reception in the evening  

Good Trip overall , the Cherry Blossoms were beautiful! 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Honored Contributor

@gacat123 Your food posts always make me hungry! LOL!!! Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gacat123

thanks for that culinary tour!

everything does sound yummy.

our area is known for oysters and we have many restaurants that have them from all over the country. i am not an oyster lover, but the rest of my family is. our chesapeake bay rockfish is always delicious.....a relatively mild whitefish that can be prepared so many yummy ways. old ebbitt grill is a well known restaurant......it is affiliated with a restaurant group called clydes.

i have not heard of the other two restaurants, but i will put them on my list thanks to you.

you should have come to the area to do some sightseeing. we are back in the 70s again this week. my kids are going to DC for a cherry blossom beer and wine festival next weekend so they will see what is left of the blossoms.

we do have two cherry blossom trees on our property and they are mature and beautiful, but we didnt get a great full bloom like we have in years past.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Seven places to catch spring blossoms across America:

http://wtop.com/national/2017/03/7-top-places-to-catch-spring-blooms-across-america/slide/1/

We have a Bluebell Walk near my town every year when they bloom.  It's quite beautiful.

017.JPG

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN