Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama, when we lived in ND we took a trip to Wa.   We came back from Bozeman only in the summer.  I haven't been in Mont. any other time of the year.  But it's west of ND and wherever that hurricane of wind, sleet, ice and snow came from and went to ND, I wouldn't want to be there in Nov. either.  In ND, there's no trees along the roads to stop the wind from blowing across it and thus....ice.  Talk about white outs and white knuckles, well, that's a sampling.  Summer, it's beautiful up there.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal  Thank you for your first hand information.  That's exactly what I needed to know.  Road conditions certainly factor in if you plan on driving through unknown territory.  Weather sounds rough and road conditions sound worse for anyone who isn't used to it, even rough sounding for those who are !  I think we may forego a November trip for sure.   

Thanks again for your experienced advice. 

Honored Contributor

Happy to read this conversation as DH and I are planning a trip there in October.  We have been to Montana twice and it is beautiful.  That is why we are going back.....usually we like to travel in September but had to push it to October this year.  Never later.....no way in November!

Trusted Contributor

I am from Montana.It is cold in November.