Honored Contributor

Booked Hot Air Balloon rides on Africa trip

Today I booked hot air balloon rides on my Africa trip this summer.  One in the Mara and one in the Serengeti.  Couldn't decide between the two so picked both!  Can't wait!  27 weeks, 3 days until departure!

Respected Contributor

Re: Booked Hot Air Balloon rides on Africa trip

Oh my gosh, what a fantastic idea! 

Respected Contributor

Wow. That is going to be so cool.  I hope you can post some pictures when you return!

Honored Contributor

I'm sure that will.be a memorable experience.  However, I can't understand why the loud roar of those balloons doesn't send every creature on the plains running away.  When they fly over my house, every dog for blocks goes crazy barking.  Maybe they do take off running, which sounds like harrassment.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I did this in Kenya too! So beautiful...but I’m not going to tell you how we landed. Suffice it to say, we did. We then had breakfast in the bush and, on the drive back, that’s when I got to see my leopard with its kill in a tree. Great memory!
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego I was wondering today how we get in and out of the basket.  Someone mentioned that that was the tricky part.  LOL  As long as we land, safely, thats all I care about.  

Respected Contributor

You are going to love it.  We did this when we were in Kenya many years ago.  At that time the workers helped us get in and out of the basket.  You won't have a problem.  When we landed we had a champaign breakfast - all the while our guide making sure the animals didn't get too close. 

We went up predawn so that we were in the air when the animals were very active.

Enjoy - you are going to be so happy you did it.

Honored Contributor

Thank you all for your responses.  I'm even more excited now and so glad I signed up for these.

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL  Sounds like a lot of fun, enjoy!! You're braver than I am! 😂

Occasional Contributor

Africa is an exotic and magical place.  You will never forget your visit there!