Honored Contributor

Re: Boarding pass question

[ Edited ]

i dont load mine onto my phone.

24 hours in advance i go into my account and check in and get my pass online.

i always print out my pass at home AND get another pass as a backup if i am in line to check luggage (which i usually am.)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

American always sends a check-in link 24 hours before the flight.  Have a great trip!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Still Raining , thanks......no smart phone but I think I can do what you suggest and send the info to my laptop.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining: We do not own a Smart Phone.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I booked our tickets last night for a short trip to Florida.  I know that I will need to print our boarding pass 24 hours before the trip - does the airline send me a link to print a few days before our departure?  Thanks!

If no smartphone, when you go online 24 hours before your flight to check in, the website will give you the option to print your boarding pass at home, or you can print it at the airport kiosk.  Hope you have a good trip!

Respected Contributor

Delta has updated their app in the past few months, so if that's your airline, it's really easy. They'll automatically check you in at D-24. When you open the app, your boarding passes appear. If you want to add a checked bag, you can do it then and then just drop the bag curbside upon arrival at the airport (if curbside bag check is available). 

Otherwise, they'll still e-mail you at D-24 that it's time to check in and there will be a link in the e-mail to the website. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I always print mine and take it with me.  A couple years ago I was going to just download it to my phone and forgot.  When we checked luggage they printed it for me.

Fast forward to waiting in line, stuck behind someone whose phone froze and they couldn't get the boarding pass to pull up.  

Ever since that day, I want a boarding pass in my hands.