New Contributor

Best place to stay in Boston?

Would like to go to Boston.Anyone have a place to stay they were happy with? Thank for any suggestions!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Best place to stay in Boston?

What are your requirements, price point? Four Season's is great stay. 

Honored Contributor

We drove up from NY and stayed in Revere at a nice suite hotel

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

We’ve stayed a couple times at the Omni Parker House Hotel when visiting Boston.  I love visiting Boston!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live and work in downtown Boston!

I would choose a place near the Copley/ Back Bay area and depending on how much you want to spend go from there.

My dad when visiting usually stays at the Faimont Copley Plaza.  My mom usually stays at the Four Seasons.

Lower prices are chains like Marriott Copley Place and Hilton.  I had a friend stay at the Sheraton Back Bay recently and she said the rooms there weren't that great.  Another friend really liked the Lenox Hotel which is right near the Boston Marathon finish line.

If you have others that you're considering that you would like to ask about, I would be happy to try to help if I can!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AMH123 

It depends on several factors.  Will you have a car or not?  What are your activity plans?  What are your lodging requirements?  What hotel rate pricing are you looking for?

If you have a car it would be easier to get around into & around entire Boston area.  But daily parking rates in Boston are very expensive, street parking is tough to find and is metered & timed, and hotels in Boston also charge for parking.  Having a car would make it easier to go places outside of Boston.  Just about the entire city itself is accessable by train/subway systems & busses so a car in Boston itself is not necessary and private parking garages can cost upwards of $30 a day.

If you plan to do just the tourist sites in Boston then staying in Boston without a car would be the most convenient.

Hotel rates in Boston are usually very expensive, so if pricing is a concern I would look into a hotel in one of surrounding cities.  Many offer shuttle service to/from airport and to/from the train/subway stations.  Hotels in surrounding suburbs have parking lots and probably do not charge for parking.

Wish I could help you with naming a place for you but I live here so there is no need for me to use a hotel.  I just wanted to let you know some factors in making your decision.  If I knew what hotel the previous poster stated they stayed at I could give you some indication because it is very easy access into Boston from Revere and a lot of hotels have been built & still being built.  Maybe I'll question on their post.  Give me a shout if you would like more info!  😊

Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox 

Which suite hotel did you stay at in Revere?  I'm from the general area so was wondering.  😊

Honored Contributor

@Scorpio1971 

I am sorry but I can not recall the name, it was fairly "inexpensive" compared to Boston proper

@Scorpio1971 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox 

Which suite hotel did you stay at in Revere?  I'm from the general area so was wondering.  😊

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Scorpio1971 

I am sorry but I can not recall the name, it was fairly "inexpensive" compared to Boston proper

@Scorpio1971 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox 

@I am still oxox 

Ok...thank you!  It definitely would be less expensive than in Boston.  This is why so many are being built in surrounding cities, to help capture some of the business from Boston's extremely high hotel rates, and to try to get some profits from the hotel taxes for property tax relief for surrounding cities.

I was wondering the name so if I ever needed to refer someone to a hotel in my area I could give them that name.  Hope you enjoyed your stay in Boston & Revere when you visited!  😊

Honored Contributor

@Scorpio1971 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox 

I'm from the Boston area too and I have to say that Revere.....is not Boston.