Respected Contributor

I have an upcoming trip and am looking for the best carry on to hold electronics, medication and a light change of clothing.

What is your recommendation?  TIA.  LM

Honored Contributor

I traveled for work a lot in the 80s. I just used a Lands End briefcase...a balistic type cloth, very well made back then, but lighter weight. I have no idea if LE still sells them or if they are as good as they were back then. 

My advice is to not get a heavy bag or briefcase. You have to lug it through airports etc and I thought they got heavier each trip. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Best carry on?

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom1 I use the IHKWIP XL Carryall tote and/or their Convertible Backpack.  I like them both as they hold a fair amount and the backpack has RFID slots, I don't believe the tote does (?)  I really like their products and if you visit their website they are having a sale now and it is free shipping and quick!    I also purchased their PPE bag a couple years ago.  I'm quite happy with them.

ETA:  The PPE bag is now called the Essential crossbody

Respected Contributor

For me a carry on is tricky. If it goes over the shoulder, it cant be too heavy. If I have to change planes, I prefer a carry on with rollers. The roller carry- on is usually more bulky vs a soft side shoulder that can cram under the seat. 

I depends upon if I'm traveling for a short flight or a several hours flight.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart @Lightweight is important.  I am thinking backpack.  I have been looking at lug bags as well.  

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal @Thanks, I will check that out.  

Respected Contributor

@granddi , I will probably not do the roller type as it is bulky.  My flight is direct going and two flights returning.  Looking for light.  

Respected Contributor

Any Lug fans here?  I was looking at Lug Puddle Jumper Backpack.

Trusted Contributor

This is off topic  but does anyone remember the Freedom Bag?   QVC sold in the '90's and it was my favorite piece ever.  We can no longer carry on that item.   I could pack so much stuff in that thing.

Respected Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

This is off topic  but does anyone remember the Freedom Bag?   QVC sold in the '90's and it was my favorite piece ever.  We can no longer carry on that item.   I could pack so much stuff in that thing.

@avid shopper Me, me!!!!!!!  Loved, loved, loved, loved it!  It finally gave up the ghost.  I also had--and still have--the Freedom Bag cosmetic/beauty products organizer/tote, and I still use it to this day when I travel!