Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

Traverse City, MI.  Love that area for vacation.  

I am curious about the area. Is it a summer destination only? I love cherries so I would love to attend the festival? Are the winters really harsh?

You'd love it if you love water, and wineries there too.  There is a cherry festival every year. (You should Google it, the city name and state and see the calendar of events.  We never know what kind of winter we'll have, but a lot of people live here.  It's a beautiful state.  Do look it up, even You Tube has videos of people who have come for vacations. Ever hear of Interlochen ?  Oh my gosh!! You need to check that out too. Please check on it, you'll see all there is to offer.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Situated at 7,000 feet in the foothills of the southern Rocky Mountains, Santa Fe is the highest and oldest capital in the U.S. Founded between 1607 and 1610, it's America's second oldest city.   They call themselves "The City Different" and it is truly like being in a foreign country.  By ordinance, all buildings, even Walmart, are built in the pueblo style with a flat roof, of adobe or stucco.  There are some beautiful homes but they're mostly behind tall adobe walls.  Many are in the rolling foothills North of the city, each house having its own little hill. 

It's no hick town, with dozens of fine galleries, museums and some of the finest restaurants in the country.  It also has the World Class open roofed Santa Fe Opera in the mountain foothills.  Lots of shops and boutiques, wonderful hotels and B&Bs.  Behold the annual Indian Market and other specialty festivals.

It's truly a unique place eving having its own ski area.  Come visit!

Screenshot_20210405-160644_Chrome.jpg

One of my favorite restaurants, which looks out on the Sangre de Christo Mountains. 

@Kachina624 

You better beware KACHINA I just read an article that Gollywood is moving a lot of their production companies from California to your State....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Best City in Your State

[ Edited ]

@On It 

Beautifully written posts on my city of SA.....one thing to add the people are very friendly too.....not so with other Texas cities that shall remain nameless... 😄

Well for second place in Texas....one of my personal favorite places in all of Texas is the charming, friendly Hill Country town of Fredericksburg.......Its a small town, population of 10,000 but it offers many quaint unique shops, why they even have an old fashion 5 and 10 store called Dooleys.....and wineries

Visting Fredericksburg TX and the Texas Hill Country

34 Awesome Things To Do in Fredericksburg TX in 2021

Fredericksburg Shopping - Fredericksburg Texas Shops and Stores | Fredericksburg  texas, Fredericksburg, Old country stores

Barefoot Campus Outfitter - Fredericksburg Texas

the shop - Picture of Dooley's 5-10 & 25c Store, Fredericksburg -  Tripadvisor

They have many unique celebrations--- In the Spring Its the Easter Fires Celebration at Enchanted Rock (a granite mountain that has historical significance too) And be sure to visit the Wild Seed Farm with its field of bluebonnets (Texas's State flower, and other beautiful spring flowers) It also has a wonderful gift shop with all kinds of goodies........

A "must stop" on your trip to Fredericksburg. | Hill country, Farm visit,  Texas hill country landscaping

The story of Easter Haus | Fredericksburg Standard

Fredericksburg's Easter Fires

Fredericksburg Bluebonnet Festival | Buy Tickets in Fredericksburg |  Ticketbud

Fredericksburg Tops 10 Best Places to Live in Texas

Enchanted Rock State Natural Area - 2 Photos - Fredericksburg, TX -

Enchanted Rock State Park – Fredericksburg, TX – WineCountry.com

Summer favorites include the Hill Country Film Festival, Stonewall Peach JAMboree and Rodeo, Fourth of July Parade and Fireworks, Gillespie County Fair, Summer Horse Racing....

In the fall its Oktoberfest....which takes into account the areas strong German heritage--with music and food....

At Christmas time the town square is beautifully decorated ---theres a big Christmas tree, music, and even ice skating, as well as hot chocolate and other treats to eat.....There's also the Country Peddlar Show with hundreds of vendors selling all kinds of things.....

If you like the outdoors there's places to hike and take in the Texas scenery.....and also horesback riding....

For history there's the Nimitz Museum and the Pioneer Museum...............

National Museum of the Pacific War - Wikipedia

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I live in New York ... there's only one answer .... New York City!

New York, New York - so great they named it twice.

@ALRATIBA   I too live in New York . Been living on Long Island. But I was born & raised in Brooklyn. IMHO there is no city on the planet that comes close to NYC!!!

Regular Contributor

Come to Wisconsin! We have so much to offer you.

Milwaukee

Summer... We have so many festivals...Italiafest, Irishfest, Polishfest,etc. You name it and there is almost one every week.  There is unblieveable food, music, and big entertainment stars. We have what is called the biggest music festival in the country, Summerfest.  The biggest stars come and there are mulitplte shows on multiple stages.  This is usually held in the summer but this year due to the pandemic it will be held severval weekends in September.  Love beer..tour a factory and if you love cheese you can see how it is made and purchase more kinds of cheese you have ever seen.  Of course there is Fiserv Forum where big stars come all year round.

Love sports,,,we have the Milwaukee Bucks our World Champions, Admirals, our hockey team, Milwaukee Brewers, Marquette University basketball and the Wisconsin Universty Badgers Football and the Green Bay Packers.

Love to camp...all around the state we have beautiful campgrounds.  Hundreds of miles of hiking, horseback riding, swimming and more.

The Wisconsin Dells  offers more waterparks of fun I have ever see. Great restaurants. Don't miss the Paul Bunyan where you go back in time to eat.  Indian jewerly galore.  This is certainly a family place.

We have caves to explore, the House on the Rock, an unblieveable mutli room house on top of a "rock". Little Swizterland. Rivers and lakes to swim, ski and boat. Skiiing in the Winter and soooo much more.

Come to Wisonsin anytime of the year and enjoy everything we have to offer.

Esteemed Contributor

@Silverfox1  My father didn't like to travel, so our summer vacations were driving to Milwaukee (until my sister got us thrown out of our hotel.)  I can still remember the smell of the breweries!!  I've also been to several Festa Italiana's with my aunt and uncle.  Really enjoy those.  It's really a nice area where they have the festivals - one of my favorite parts are the clean, permanent bathrooms!  No port a potties LOL!!  Really do recommend going to one of their festivals.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt I feel I should be humming "It's a Small World." I lived in the Hill Country for 30 years not far from Fredericksburg. I agree it is a wonderful place to visit. Did you notice that Main Strret has four lanes of traffic,left turn lanes, and angle-in parking? The German settlers wanted a street wide enough that when they came to town for supplies they could turn around a team of oxen pulling a wagon without having to leave town to do so. That very wide Main Street is distinctive in Fredericksburg's history.

Anyone wanting to visit the San Antonio/Fredericksburg area would enjoy both. Fredericksburg is a little over an hour's drive from San Antonio.

Honored Contributor

Re: Best City in Your State

[ Edited ]

@On It wrote:

@Spurt I feel I should be humming "It's a Small World." I lived in the Hill Country for 30 years not far from Fredericksburg. I agree it is a wonderful place to visit. Did you notice that Main Strret has four lanes of traffic,left turn lanes, and angle-in parking? The German settlers wanted a street wide enough that when they came to town for supplies they could turn around a team of oxen pulling a wagon without having to leave town to do so. That very wide Main Street is distinctive in Fredericksburg's history.

Anyone wanting to visit the San Antonio/Fredericksburg area would enjoy both. Fredericksburg is a little over an hour's drive from San Antonio.

@On It 

Interesting about the streets. And they still need those wide streets since its a rural area and the farmers/ranchers need the room for trucks and equipment moving cattle, horses, and farm products....nowadays the animals ride in style instead of pulling wagons ....LOL

Honored Contributor

@Spurt    Yes, we're becoming quite the film venue.  Netflix built a large studio here in Albuquerque several years ago and recently bought land for a huge expansion.  Some other production company also has plans to build here.  The local community College offers courses in all the film-making specialities.  The call goes out frequently for extras.  There's a ranch outside of Santa Fe that has an old West town set all ready for filming.  We have an unlimited supply of cowboys, Indians, horses, and sunshine. 

Of course most of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul were filmed here right in Albuquerque

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt    Yes, we're becoming quite the film venue.  Netflix built a large studio here in Albuquerque several years ago and recently bought land for a huge expansion.  Some other production company also has plans to build here.  The local community College offers courses in all the film-making specialities.  The call goes out frequently for extras.  There's a ranch outside of Santa Fe that has an old West town set all ready for filming.  We have an unlimited supply of cowboys, Indians, horses, and sunshine. 

Of course most of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul were filmed here right in Albuquerque

@Kachina624 

Pretty soon y'all will have your own Hollywood sign on those Southern Rocky Mountains.... 😉