Honored Contributor

My husband and I went to Bermuda on our honeymoon many years ago.  We are thinking of making a return trip.  Any recommendations of hotels, things to do, etc.?  On our honeymoon we rented those Mopeds....think I will pass on those this time!  Best time of year to go?  We were there in May and it was chilly.  

Contributor

The best time is July August September.  It is in the Atlantic Ocean and earlier than that the water is cold.   Great, beautiful place.  We always go on a cruise to Bermuda so our hotel is the ship. 

Always love Bermuda been there quite a bit.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Why pass on the mopeds.  They are easy to operate, slow, and give you a wonderful perspective of the island.  

When we were scuba diving on Curacao, we rented mopeds and saw sights that made our trip memorable.  We were in a remote area of the island and came upon an immense flock of bright pink/orange flamingos dining in a marshy area and scootered up to an elevation where the vista was magical.

Yes, include the mopeds. And definitely include exploring the sights under the water. If you are not dedicated to getting scuba certs, you would want to visit the Bermuda Underwater Institute.  For us, the only reason to go to the Caribbean is to explore what is under the water.

Have fun and enjoy the clear warm waters!

Honored Contributor

We were there on a cruise in May.  Had visited twice decades ago and stayed at the Rosedon and the Hamilton Princess, both of which we enjoyed.  My impression this time is the traffic is very heavy--no way would I rent mopeds.  It is very expensive and although the flight is much longer I much prefer Hawaii.  Also I would not go in August through October--hurricane season. 

We took the ferry from Hamilton to the Dockyards which cost $18 roundtrip and, to my amazement, they did not accept credit cards.  They do take U.S. dollars but I found it strange about the credit cards.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't visit Bermuda in August or September as that is hurricane season. 

May through October is supposed to be the hottest most humid months in Bermuda. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hurricane season actually ends November 30. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you all for comments so far.  I definitely would get trip insurance if we plan it during hurricane season.  Unfortunately, those are the best months....was thinking late summer/early fall next year.

phoenixbrd...thanks for encouraging the use of mopeds which are fun and a great way to get around.  I should have said I was 27 when I first went and rode the moped.  Now I am 70!  I am all for adventures but I doubt the citizens of Bermuda would want me loose on one.  My DH would do it though.  We'll see .... If I do, you may see me on the National News!

Bermuda is a pretty island.  I have also been to Hawaii and just don't want to make that long flight again.  Always something to think about ....or dream about!

Honored Contributor

@walker  It is important that you do what is comfortable and enjoyable for you,  I tend to have an optimistic can/do perspective in life.  Therefore, I really never considered that a 70 year old woman would be out of place on a moped.

Whatever you decide, most of all relax and have fun!

@walker wrote:

Thank you all for comments so far.  I definitely would get trip insurance if we plan it during hurricane season.  Unfortunately, those are the best months....was thinking late summer/early fall next year.

phoenixbrd...thanks for encouraging the use of mopeds which are fun and a great way to get around.  I should have said I was 27 when I first went and rode the moped.  Now I am 70!  I am all for adventures but I doubt the citizens of Bermuda would want me loose on one.  My DH would do it though.  We'll see .... If I do, you may see me on the National News!

Bermuda is a pretty island.  I have also been to Hawaii and just don't want to make that long flight again.  Always something to think about ....or dream about!

Honored Contributor

phoenixbrd ..... well, as the saying goes..."never say never"......anything is possible.  Whatever I do....it will be fun!  If I go, I will post a note here on my adventures.  

Respected Contributor

We went for an anniversary trip and stayed at the Reefs.  We enjoyed it.  It sits on a cliff overlooking the beach in the Southhampton borough.  The room had a lovely view of the ocean.  The room was not as deluxe as some places we have stayed but it was very nice and the service was good.  It was also close to a bus stop which was convenient.  We went in early June - I would be concerned about potential hurricanes if you go too late in the summer or in the fall.  It was hot when we visited!  If you go, enjoy!