Respected Contributor

@Natureluvr   If you like Lobster,  head to The Union River Lobster Pot in nearby Ellsworth. it's a real Lobster Pot (with the huge steaming pots like you see on the way to Bar Harbor) you can select your own ocean-fresh crustacean   The screened dining room makes for a pleasant meal so you don't sit outside getting attacked by the skeeters.  They open at 5:00 PM until the end of June. Open at 4:00 PM July-August. NO Reservations.  Get there EARLY EARLY as there is a line to get in. (they offer other selections than just Lobster.).  (sometimes you get a rock-hard shell bugger - ask for the deluxe cracker.

The Big Chicken Barn in Ellsworth -  about  15 min ride west of the Lobster Pot on Rt 1. Good  place to work up appetite as your browse this endless Mega book and Antiques mecca.  (aka in menspeak as jimcracks and geegaws)  Hours: 10:00 am to 4:00pm

on the road to BH there's aTJMaxx where i found some nicer jewelry  than the usual TJX stores.  the BH boutique shops are nice but usually final sale or store credit.

Have a wonderful time in Bar Harbor!!  

Honored Contributor

I haven't been in years but there are guided hiking and bike tours, whale watching cruises, dinner cruises, natural history museum, art galleries.  

Valued Contributor
It's beautiful. Recommend wild blueberry pancakes. Consider if time the ferry to Nova Scotia, we loved our 10 days there too.
Respected Contributor

@birdQ13 , I am from Nova Scotia.  Halifax waterfront is a beautiful way to enjoy the city seaside.

Full of art, hammocks, Adirondack chairs, playgrounds, food kiosks.  I did a tour in June being a tourist in my own city.  It was fun.  LMA085D487-2144-4F81-8E32-9D167C3C1FB6.jpeg

B5CAC2C7-A31A-420A-A481-2513D968572C.jpeg

Valued Contributor

Those art installations are beautiful.  I especially love that "screen ship"!

Esteemed Contributor

Us too! We're going in early October. I have never been that far up in Maine, so I'm not sure exactly what to do for seven whole days. I know that we're going to go to Boothbay Harbor, Belfast, Camden, and Bar Harbor. I'm sure each area has something quaint, and wonderful to offer.

Valued Contributor

....er, boat?  I'm sort of a Gilligan!