Esteemed Contributor

Back From Our Disney World Vacation!!

DH & I had a blast. It was our first Disney vacation in 24 years without our son.We stayed on property at the Boardwalk Inn & Villas. What a beautiful resort. No need to rent a car this time because the resort provided round trip transportation to the airport. They even took care of our luggage so we didn't have to hassle with it.

Disney shuttled us to & from the parks as well as Disney Springs in a very convenient & organized way.It was nice not to have to drive & pay for parking!!

One day when we got on the elevator in our hotel  I looked up & I was standing next to Neil Patrick Harris & his husband & kids. He was wearing dark sunglasses.He could tell that I recognized him & looked away.I didn't say anything because I could tell he didn't want to be recognized. When we were exiting the elevator he leaned over, lifted his sunglasses & said thank you & smiled.

Super Contributor

Re: Back From Our Disney World Vacation!!

My hearts a flutter.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ 

Glad you and DH had a great time!

It was very gracious of you to let Neil and his family have 'family time' and he obviously appreciated it!

Not all celebrities are publicity hounds everywhere they go, especially with their kids, like a lot of others are.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@NicksmomESQ 

Glad you and DH had a great time!

It was very gracious of you to let Neil and his family have 'family time' and he obviously appreciated it!

Not all celebrities are publicity hounds everywhere they go, especially with their kids, like a lot of others are.

Not only are all celebs not publicity hounds, not all of their fans are as thoughtful as @NicksmomESQ   Perfectly handled on both sides this time.

Respected Contributor

I'm the type to let famous people be anonymous too. How cool of you and got a little reward for it too.

Respected Contributor

thanks for the update/report @NicksmomESQ !  sounds like you had a stress free time.  

your run into NPH was really awesome!  the way it played out for you was WAY better than it would have been if he had been approached and fawned over.  love it!  

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ - so glad you had a wonderful time - how could you not at Disney World, lol. We took our kids there for years and while it was always fun, I must admit, when I went with 4 girlfriends - it was The.Best.Time.EVER!

Respected Contributor

I do not "bother" celebrities when they are out and about, especially when their with their family.  That's their time.  On the other hand, if at a convention and signing autographs...that's different. 

Glad you had a wonderful trip and that some pixie dust got sent your way!