Respected Contributor

Re: Awesome Trips to Take This Summer if You're Not Keen on Flying

We leave for Nantucket next week for 3 weeks.  1 week we are alone, 1 week it's daughter and family and the other is son and family.  Last summer we did a week altogether and it was not good.

Esteemed Contributor

For those in the northeast, I recommend Québec, both the province and the city. I already posted that I recently returned from my 4th visit to Québec City. It's as close as you'll get to France without the long flight. The food is fabulous, the scenery majestic (we went whale watching up the St. Lawrence), and the people are friendly and welcoming. I hope to return next year. The American dollar goes a long way in Canada, an added advantage.

Respected Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

For those in the northeast, I recommend Québec, both the province and the city. I already posted that I recently returned from my 4th visit to Québec City. It's as close as you'll get to France without the long flight. The food is fabulous, the scenery majestic (we went whale watching up the St. Lawrence), and the people are friendly and welcoming. I hope to return next year. The American dollar goes a long way in Canada, an added advantage.

Agree.  Long before I flew to Europe my SIL and I went to Quebec and absolutely LOVED it and for the reasons you state. 

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler,

Many thanks, fantastic ideas I am done with my summer travel but will keep them in mind for the near future🌻