Honored Contributor

Re: Ashville, NC - Girls Weekend in November

[ Edited ]

Ladies, with what I know from being a native from here, I would book a room on Hendersonville Rd, near Biltmore House but not on the estate unless the estate is all you want to see.  I am a decent of one of the major artisans.

Do not miss the Folk Art Center or (main craft show in October in the civic center with 300-400 juried craftsmen).  These are the main artists from the entire southern Appalachian Mountain range.  A retail store can be visited at home.  Seek the true gems, that's what you remember.Smiley Happy

I'd be happy to meet some of our "sisters" but I need to know way in advance.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ashville, NC - Girls Weekend in November

@ECBG 

Oh, how I would love to see that tree being hauled inside!

It's amazing they do this every year, but what fun to witness it.

That house and the contents are beyond words.  The behind the scenes tours were the best.  My husband is a builder, so he REALLY enjoyed seeing the roof and other off limits areas.  They were still rennovating rooms when we were there.  

The pantry where they stored the dinnerware was so large it had a ladder Cat LOL  As someone with a serious addiction to dishes, I was speechless.

Ashville is a really delightful area.  It's the only place I think I would ever consider leaving Maryland for!  You are so lucky to live there.